X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alternator question

hello

i am trying to upgrade the power and ground on the alternator to supply the battery with more current for the audio system, does anyone know where i can find the terminals on the alternator or how to get to it, pics would be great if not i guide would be good

ive tried taking off the air filter and pipe over the engine and still cant see it

thanks in advance for any advice

The alternator is on the back of the engine, drivers side, mostly hidden under the inlet manifold.
    It earths through its mounting to the engine, the output is on the back and is an m6 stud if I remember correctly. The only way to get to it is from underneath.

Comment

cool well the earth to alternator cant get better if the earth is bolted to the car, i know where its located. when you say underneath you get under the car, but the alternator is on the top of the engine. you sure the positve is on the under neath?

Comment

The power connection is definitely on the back of the alternator near to the bottom edge. I was replacing my inlet manifold yesterday and I'm sure the only way you,d get to it is from underneath the car.

Comment

Originally posted by nitrovxr View Post
          hello

i am trying to upgrade the power and ground on the alternator to supply the battery with more current for the audio system, does anyone know where i can find the terminals on the alternator or how to get to it, pics would be great if not i guide would be good

ive tried taking off the air filter and pipe over the engine and still cant see it

thanks in advance for any advice
          Are you saying you are wanting more power from the original alternator into the standard battery ?

Surely more power, means a different (higher) output alternator and a higher capacity battery to take the extra current, otherwise it will cook the battery ?
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X