This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems!!

Just got my car back from being diagnosed at vauxhal from a whinning gearbox they have told me that diff bearings have are nakerd and 3rd syncro is on its way out the car aint even a year old!!!! iv modded the car to stage 2 so now its time to be standard for a while because they quoted me over 2k for m32 box. is there any other box options instead puttin another week box back in????

recon your looking anywhere £600-1000 upwards

or buy the bits your self if you or you got a mate that is handy then your you got this
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Comment

If you do a seach a chap had his gearbox recon'd for £600, far cheaper then £2,000.

If your on about putting a new and stronger gearbox in then i hope you have deep pockets, there alot more expensive then £2,000

Comment

what sort of upgraded box can u get? the bloke at vauxhall said alot people dont like to recon these boxes :s

Comment

Originally posted by Rhysmcgill01 View Post
          what sort of upgraded box can u get? the bloke at vauxhall said alot people dont like to recon these boxes :s
          No idea mate as its not something that i have looked into but i recall a thread a while ago on the subject and figures of £5,000 to £15,000 were mentioned for uprated gear box's

Comment

Originally posted by Rhysmcgill01 View Post
            Just got my car back from being diagnosed at vauxhal from a whinning gearbox they have told me that diff bearings have are nakerd and 3rd syncro is on its way out the car aint even a year old!!!! iv modded the car to stage 2 so now its time to be standard for a while because they quoted me over 2k for m32 box. is there any other box options instead puttin another week box back in????
            What stage 2 are you running ?

Would warrenty not cover this ?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by miniman View Post
              What stage 2 are you running ?

Would warrenty not cover this ?
              Its a case of who he is tuned with??

Comment

Originally posted by moosh View Post
                Its a case of who he is tuned with??
                Sorry, thats what i meant.