This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good is the CDTi airbox mod??

Just wondering how much of a difference fitting the CDTi airbox to a VXR makes, is it worth the money?

Thanks
    Jon

You'll find a mixed reactions to the CDTI conversion best have a search. You generally never get anyone complaining that its detrimental or a step backwards but some seem to notice bigger gains than others.
    | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Originally posted by Burg_300 View Post
      Just wondering how much of a difference fitting the CDTi airbox to a VXR makes, is it worth the money?

Thanks
      Jon
      Its more for looks than anything else, theres no major increase in performance as far as i can gather and ive been reading about them since they came out...

One or two guys have got odd figures with them and i think its prob down to a dodgy rolling road myself.

They do look the nuts but are they worth the money?! Not imo...

Comment

Originally posted by worky View Post
        You'll find a mixed reactions to the CDTI conversion best have a search. You generally never get anyone complaining that its detrimental or a step backwards but some seem to notice bigger gains than others.
        thats cause they have just shelled out near 300 big ones for it there not going to slate it...

Does look good tho!

Comment

im not mapped yet and i didnt notice any diff in drive when i fitted mine, but it sure does look nice ha, only got it as im going stage 2 in next few month and thought every little thing helps.

Comment

Ok thanks for the replies guys, im already at stage 2 now and was just wondering if it would make a difference that was all, but it doesnt sound like it will!!
            Is there any difference in noise at all or anythng like that?

Comment

Well it is louder you can hear the turbo lots more, and it does make a difference on my car for sure, and only cost me £100 quid so if it was rubbish i would say so.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

just like exhaust tho mate, i dont think that feels any diff until mapped so thats why i got it anyway, but you always get people who slate it and people who love it, as said every mod will make a diff, if you at stage 2 id go for it.

Comment

I've been thinking about this for mine, mainly for looks when I dress up under the bonnet more to be honest. Regal seem to have a good price on these at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave View Post
                    Well it is louder you can hear the turbo lots more, and it does make a difference on my car for sure, and only cost me £100 quid so if it was rubbish i would say so.
                    I second that I can hear the turbo spool up a lot more and my car is slightly smoother! Plus mine only cost me £125!!
                    Astra coupe: z20leh with m32, eds 3.5, remus, dbilas induction and inlet, berg trim, corsa vxr steering wheel and a whole lot more!
                    www.asautocare.co.uk eds retailer.

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave View Post
                      I think 100 quid is a much more reasonable cost for one, Percys were the best value for money with hard pipes etc.
                      | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

ive been reading all the reviews on these over the time and im not convinced.

My Mk4 SRI Turbo had a conversion and you can hear the turbo sucking and spooling more which is nice, and yes they do look better.

However at the moment unless i had cash sitting there with nothing else to spend it on i cant warrant getting one as i will not see any performance gains even when i go stage 2!

Fully loaded flame red VXR! 19's,AFLs,IDS,rear sensors,bluetooth, cruise control,climate control,full leather,heated seats, sat nav,cooled glove box,de-badged,eibach sportlines,REMUS,insignia jets,oil restrictor,K&N filter,red fogs & boot strip,carbon window strips & door pillars, black front badge & rear diffuser,RARB,LSD,CS stage 2

Comment

Soph just had one fitted and first impressions, exhaust noise at 100+ is greater and the car needs setting up on the dyno as it has a flat spot now.
                          Plus side, its better on the throttle and the turbo spools a bit quicker, not tried it through the Nos yet.

Comment

mine looks great but even with an ITG in it i dont think it was really worth the £200 notes i paid.... but i had cash burning a hole in my pocket, wouldnt change back
                            VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
                            http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

I missed out on one of the last Percy boxes. But its not the end of the world, visually i think they look better than standard, but not convinced it makes much noticable difference in performance. And thats what im more interested in.

Comment

Working...
                              X