This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixing 99ron petrol (T99 & V-Pwer)

The other day i had 1/2 tank of v-power, and as i had some tesco vouchers i decided to fill up with T99 (momentum)

Will this make any running differences, as T99 has ethanol added but v-power doesnt, after a shake n mix should be ok ?

I know they are both 99ron petrol but are made up with different methods
    Last edited by miniman; 10 August 2010, 12:54 AM.
    sigpic

the difference between these two petrols are minimul so you won`t notice any difference ,

Comment

Originally posted by miniman View Post
      The other day i had 1/2 tank of v-power, and as i had some tesco vouchers i decided to fill up with T99 (momentum)

Will this make any running differences, as T99 has ethanol added but v-power doesnt, after a shake n mix should be ok ?

I know they are both 99ron petrol but are made up with different methods
      I find my car more snappy on T99 and it feels like its running hotter to.

Much prefer v power instead, mixing the two should cause any harm mate.

Comment

Cheers, I invented shellco 99
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by miniman View Post
          Cheers, I invented shellco 99
          You what?

Comment

shell and tesco

Comment

I always run on v power, but the other day my car was gettin a little low and a Tesco was nearby. So I decided to fill up and reset the battery to see how the new momentum fuel performs...

Honestly my car has never driven so **** since I've had it! It started to lag big time and drove almost like it had no power.

Taken me 3 or 4 tank fulls of v power and a bottle of redex to flush that Tesco crap out the system.

Daresay I will never be touching it again, which is a shame as its much cheaper
              Astra Edition #105
              Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

Comment

No issues from mixing both - guys this doesn't need to turn into a this petrol that petrol thread as we have a million and one of them, topic is "Am I ok to mix these fuels"

Astra

Comment

Never had any problems with tesco 99 tbh find it exactly the same as when I used to run v-power !!!

I also mix them all the time nowadays with no problems whatsoever

Comment

T99 & V Power are the same thing, both blended motor spirit & ethanol from the same refineries!

Don't let anyone tell you different!

Comment

Originally posted by DISASTRA View Post
                      T99 & V Power are the same thing, both blended motor spirit & ethanol from the same refineries!

Don't let anyone tell you different!
                      V power contains no Ethanol - T99 is made by Greenergy, you are wrong sorry but there wont be an issue with mixing them

Astra

Comment

Ive run all my cars on BP 99 and no props but since owning the Its run on T99 with no faults runs like a dream, however i did fill her up with Shell V Power coming back from Courts with vxr.paul and she seem'd to FLY!! dunno could be mind over matter etc...

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
                          V power contains no Ethanol - T99 is made by Greenergy, you are wrong sorry but there wont be an issue with mixing them

They are the same buddy, ok thay may have different additives that may or maynot be performance inhancing but if you cast your eye over a cert of quality you will find that they meet the same BS.

This talk of someones car not performing is nothing todo with the ULP as they are both 99 RON and that is what matters!

Comment

Working...
                          X