This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Opinions before car goes to CarbonSkin

As above guys and girls, my red astra vxr is booked in at carbon skin next week.. having bonnet, wing mirrors and rear diffuser carbon wrapped. What are peoples thoughts, think it will look good?

i would do the roof over the bonnet personally mate

Fully loaded flame red VXR! 19's,AFLs,IDS,rear sensors,bluetooth, cruise control,climate control,full leather,heated seats, sat nav,cooled glove box,de-badged,eibach sportlines,REMUS,insignia jets,oil restrictor,K&N filter,red fogs & boot strip,carbon window strips & door pillars, black front badge & rear diffuser,RARB,LSD,CS stage 2

Comment

Hey mate how much that setting u back? Is it the 1 in blackwood cause i may be able to get it cheaper for you in tinted vision in pontypridd let me know

Comment

Originally posted by chrissyb View Post
        i would do the roof over the bonnet personally mate
        ^ +1

Roof over bonnet
        sigpic
        Arden Astra VXR/19" Dotz Alloys/Debadged

Comment

Circles.. carbon skin is around birmingham way i think mate and its already booked in so going to leave it with them ahh im torn dont fancy doing the roof, bonnet is covered in stone chips recantly had the bumber and wings re-sprayed and left the bonnet as it was because of getting it wrapped.. rear diffuser and wing mirrors a yes though?

Comment

Sorry but i was thinking of carbon cars thats in blackwood. U doing the boot lip?

Comment

Where are you guys from in Wales? May have seen you about, :-)

Comment

rear diffuser and mirrors yes, why not boot strip to and get them to do the chrome strips down the side?

but def roof over bonnet im afraid mate, i wouldnt personally do the bonnet i dont think

Fully loaded flame red VXR! 19's,AFLs,IDS,rear sensors,bluetooth, cruise control,climate control,full leather,heated seats, sat nav,cooled glove box,de-badged,eibach sportlines,REMUS,insignia jets,oil restrictor,K&N filter,red fogs & boot strip,carbon window strips & door pillars, black front badge & rear diffuser,RARB,LSD,CS stage 2

Comment

carbon skin are in burton on trent and did my bonnet, it got huge airbubbles down each side where the contours are.....so they took it off and did the roof in matt black and it looks way better than the bonnet!!!!

Comment

do bonnet aswell as roof pal. it will flow much more aesthetically with the window.

Comment

Ross.. im from blackwood mate, cheers for the opinions guys dont really like the idea of the roof being done (yet) just in my head i want the bonnet, mirrors and diffuser how long did it take for the air bubbles to appear mark? Circles i went searching for carbon cars as its just down the road from me fella and theyve gone out of business even though their websites still up and running :S

Comment

2-3 weeks for the first ones, kept going back to them and they used a needle to keep popping them.... they got worse and worse so told them to take it off and do roof.

had no probs with the roof makes the car look lower and looks great!!

Comment

Was it just because of the contours of the bonnet or something to do with the material? Would you mind me name dropping when i go there saying you had prnlems with your bonnet just to ask if ill get the same? No problems if not mate what did you have done in total?

Comment

dont name drop just ask them IF you will have any probs as a "mate" did.

IIRC i was the first to have the 3m textured carbon, it could have been put on too tightly and that caused it to lift, or water/dust could have been under it so it didnt bond to the bodywork.......

dont worry it will look great!

Comment

Cheers mate i did ask about the 3m di-noc and apparently they dont use that any more theyve sourced a better material.. thanks for the advice mark appreciate it

Comment

Working...
                              X