This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine management light AGEN !!!

the engine management light on my car keeps coming on the last 3 weeks it's been on 2ice, and in the last 2/3 months its been on 4/5 times normally i don't mind but its costin me £20 for a local garage to check it and switch it off as vx try charging me £45, its the normal code summit about the cat, this time its came on agen is it worth paying another £20 for them to tell exactly the same thing, last time i did'nt get it checked nd it went off afer a week

stop paying lol! thats what warrenties are for! sounds like your cat has degredated and should be replaced under warrenty

sigpic

Comment

Don't pay that dude is it your zorste emmisions ? Just do the pedle check yourself and check on here! If it's nothing important and just the usual ones leave it as iirc they reset after so many key turns! If not disconect your battery for 10-30 minutes!

Comment

Originally posted by G-man View Post
        Don't pay that dude is it your zorste emmisions ? Just do the pedle check yourself and check on here! If it's nothing important and just the usual ones leave it as iirc they reset after so many key turns! If not disconect your battery for 10-30 minutes!
        cheers guys, the pedle check how do u do tht? sounds like disconecting the battery is the easy way

Comment

Just buy a £30 fault reader from ebay and clear the codes yourself.

Comment

just disconnect the battery, its free
            Quaife LSD . . Milltek/Powerflow Turbo back exhaust . . Custom Intercooler . . Percy 1.9 Cdti airbox . . Whiteline RARB . . Collins dump valve . . Courts enlarged top hat/power pipe . . Oil Breather Box . . cruise . . anti-hijack . . check control . . Blue SMD conversion . . wind deflectors . . opel numberplate surrounds . . pressed plates . .

Comment

Pedal test:
              press the brake and accelerator fully at the same time then turn the ignition 3/4 and where your mileage shows you will get a rolling list of fault codes.

If its anything like 42011 then thats cat efficiency, this DOESNT mean your cats buggered or breaking up it just means it degraded a tadge and the ECUs recognising it but it will fluctuate!

Your options are:
              1) keep unplugging the battery to get rid of the light
              2) Pay a tuner to widen your emission parameters
              3) Get a stage 2 remap and number 2 will automatically happen!

Whatever happens though it is not doing any damage driving it

Fully loaded flame red VXR! 19's,AFLs,IDS,rear sensors,bluetooth, cruise control,climate control,full leather,heated seats, sat nav,cooled glove box,de-badged,eibach sportlines,REMUS,insignia jets,oil restrictor,K&N filter,red fogs & boot strip,carbon window strips & door pillars, black front badge & rear diffuser,RARB,LSD,CS stage 2

Comment

Originally posted by chrissyb View Post
                Pedal test:
                press the brake and accelerator fully at the same time then turn the ignition 3/4 and where your mileage shows you will get a rolling list of fault codes.

If its anything like 42011 then thats cat efficiency, this DOESNT mean your cats buggered or breaking up it just means it degraded a tadge and the ECUs recognising it but it will fluctuate!

Your options are:
                1) keep unplugging the battery to get rid of the light
                2) Pay a tuner to widen your emission parameters
                3) Get a stage 2 remap and number 2 will automatically happen!

Whatever happens though it is not doing any damage driving it

thanks bud gonna try tht

Comment

done the test 42011 waz the code so im happy its nothing bad thanks for ur help guys, so im taking it if i un clip the battery for 20-30 mins it will reset ??

Comment

take it to vx and get it replaced!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by randomgary View Post
                      take it to vx and get it replaced!
                      as above if you still have warranty take it back ! every time this code come's up..or call them to say ..such code as came back up again...they should replace the ..... cat) as it's a well know fault on the (remus) .
                      ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

I get that code on mine all the time with the piper unfortunately I just have to keep disconnecting the battery.... Until the next time!

Comment

Mate if you do take the ds unit, it's unlikely the light will keep coming on, as someone said, the parameters should be wider
                          Stage 3 Arden Astra gone
                          Stage 2 burg

....................Arden Astra .....................
                          Airtec Fmic/tophat/direct route/miltek/weight reduction/RnD mapped

Comment

Originally posted by scotsflyer View Post
                            I get that code on mine all the time with the piper unfortunately I just have to keep disconnecting the battery.... Until the next time!

put (v-power ) in it stoped my code coming up with the piper
                            ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

Working...
                            X