X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panel filter

All,

The time has come for my air filter to be changed and was thinking of going for a K&N or courts one insetead of the OE one.

Does it effect the MPG??

My mate put a K&N on his BMW and he says that it drinks fuel since fitting it??????

Dan
    12 plate Astra GTC SRi cdti 165 stop/start in white.

wont affect the mpg from a panel filter mate i have a itg one from thorney i am selling it for £30 posted once i trade the car in if you want it
    sigpic
    ASTRA nurburgring mods; itg panel filter, white samco hoses, cruise control, remus

Comment

will affect your MPG due to the better filteration but were talking tiny

Comment

I'd go k&n or courts tbh dan but defo worth getting 1 every little helps don't it.

Comment

Using more petrol is usually down to drives using there right foot too much to hear the induction noise!!
          Astra coupe: z20leh with m32, eds 3.5, remus, dbilas induction and inlet, berg trim, corsa vxr steering wheel and a whole lot more!
          www.asautocare.co.uk eds retailer.

Comment

i brought a courtney one at T.V.Live and fitted it there and then, ran down from staffordshire with original drove back with new one. not much difference in fuel M.P.G. did have a slight play with two cars though so that dropped it abit.lol. but it did seem to feel slightly more responsive on the pedal

Comment

Save your money and buy a 10 quid paper one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dab_vxr View Post
                Save your money and buy a 10 quid paper one.
                Take it you don't rate them then? Lol
                12 plate Astra GTC SRi cdti 165 stop/start in white.

Comment

Theres a report somewhere ( i dont have it to hand ) on the web that tested regular paper filters and cotton/oil based ones.

To cut a long story short, the expensive oil ones let more crap through and contaminate the oil than the paper ones.

It said there is no substitute for a regularly changed paper filter.

Comment

Working...
                  X