This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about dream sciense

im buyin a d/s of a fourm member but they have not got the cd disk or the cable for the pc?? as i know nothing about the dream science i need help on this is it pointless me buyin iy or can i still use it??
    Last edited by markcarling; 10 August 2010, 11:25 PM.

i dont have a cd or pc wire for mines either, its just plug and play into the port under your handbrake,

what would you need a cd or pc wire for?
    Quaife LSD . . Milltek/Powerflow Turbo back exhaust . . Custom Intercooler . . Percy 1.9 Cdti airbox . . Whiteline RARB . . Collins dump valve . . Courts enlarged top hat/power pipe . . Oil Breather Box . . cruise . . anti-hijack . . check control . . Blue SMD conversion . . wind deflectors . . opel numberplate surrounds . . pressed plates . .

Comment

no i dear its just wot she told me but thanks for ur reply m8

Comment

Dont worry about the disc or the pc cable you wont need it. The only thing you need to make sure, is that the handset matches your type of ECU or it will have to be sent back to be re-programmed.
        If your car is newer than 56 plate, make sure the handset has also been used with a similar car.
        There are 2 types of ECU, pre and post 56 plate.

Comment

no problem m8, your guna love it, especially with your remus, only think to look out for is what reg of car you are buying from, as the newer 1s only work from 07 plates to newer, if the seller is older than 07 it wont work without a reset
          Quaife LSD . . Milltek/Powerflow Turbo back exhaust . . Custom Intercooler . . Percy 1.9 Cdti airbox . . Whiteline RARB . . Collins dump valve . . Courts enlarged top hat/power pipe . . Oil Breather Box . . cruise . . anti-hijack . . check control . . Blue SMD conversion . . wind deflectors . . opel numberplate surrounds . . pressed plates . .

Comment

darn it dab you beat me too it

Comment

Originally posted by whytie-vxr View Post
              darn it dab you beat me too it
              I found out the hard way, mines a 56 and thats the point they changed the ECU. And yep you guessed it they sent me the wrong one

Comment

Originally posted by Dab_vxr View Post
                Dont worry about the disc or the pc cable you wont need it. The only thing you need to make sure, is that the handset matches your type of ECU or it will have to be sent back to be re-programmed.
                If your car is newer than 56 plate, make sure the handset has also been used with a similar car.
                There are 2 types of ECU, pre and post 56 plate.
                she has a arden m8 nd i have a burg so am ryt in sayin its all gud then??

Comment

Originally posted by markcarling View Post
                  she has a arden m8 nd i have a burg so am ryt in sayin its all gud then??
                  yes but what year is her arden? 2007 plate and newer and you are good to go

Comment

Originally posted by whytie-vxr View Post
                    yes but what year is her arden? 2007 plate and newer and you are good to go
                    im just waitin on a reply

Comment

just found out tht the cable aint for the pc it for the actual unit so i need a cable great bk 2 sq 1

and just had an interesting PM off a few ppl aswell lol tell me sum story's about the seller !!! not happy

Comment

ack well no luck, back on to the search trail

Comment

its a 57 plate it will be fine
                          Stage 3 Arden Astra gone
                          Stage 2 burg

....................Arden Astra .....................
                          Airtec Fmic/tophat/direct route/miltek/weight reduction/RnD mapped

Comment

Originally posted by markcarling View Post
                            just found out tht the cable aint for the pc it for the actual unit so i need a cable great bk 2 sq 1
                            Impossible. The cable that runs from the handset to the car is permenantly attached.

Comment

unless some one got mad with it lol, mate its fine
                              Stage 3 Arden Astra gone
                              Stage 2 burg

....................Arden Astra .....................
                              Airtec Fmic/tophat/direct route/miltek/weight reduction/RnD mapped

Comment

Working...
                              X