This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best dumpvalve for astra vxr. What's your views

Hi guys what's the best dumpvalve for the astra vxr. Regarding quality and running response

i reckon the collins twin piston or the baileys dv26, havent hear the hks yet but i think thats meant to be quite loud although some have been hit or miss, depends how much you have to buy with? best of getting 2nd hand
    Quaife LSD . . Milltek/Powerflow Turbo back exhaust . . Custom Intercooler . . Percy 1.9 Cdti airbox . . Whiteline RARB . . Collins dump valve . . Courts enlarged top hat/power pipe . . Oil Breather Box . . cruise . . anti-hijack . . check control . . Blue SMD conversion . . wind deflectors . . opel numberplate surrounds . . pressed plates . .

Comment

We have had both a collins and a baileys DV26. The baileys DV26 is currently on the burg and I love it. Never had any running issues or turbo lag. Thumbs up for both from me.

They do make a different tone of sound so best bet would be to find two people who are willing to take you for a drive so you can tell which you like best.

Chris.

Comment

hks ssqv
        Stage 3 Arden Astra gone
        Stage 2 burg

....................Arden Astra .....................
        Airtec Fmic/tophat/direct route/miltek/weight reduction/RnD mapped

Comment

where you from bigjoe?
          Quaife LSD . . Milltek/Powerflow Turbo back exhaust . . Custom Intercooler . . Percy 1.9 Cdti airbox . . Whiteline RARB . . Collins dump valve . . Courts enlarged top hat/power pipe . . Oil Breather Box . . cruise . . anti-hijack . . check control . . Blue SMD conversion . . wind deflectors . . opel numberplate surrounds . . pressed plates . .

Comment

Originally posted by whytie-vxr View Post
            where you from bigjoe?
            I'm from willenhall by wolverhampton

Comment

HKS SSQV V3 all the way.

Been running it for a month now. No problems. Sounds fantastic, very loud and scares the hell out of people when it blows off going past them

Not noticed any drop in performance or fuel consumption.

Comment

I have the both the Collins and Baileys...

The Collins is much louder than the Baileys, and a good deal cheaper at ~£60. I feel the car is more jerky with the Collins, but happy for that trade off - sound vs performance. I do prefer the sound of the Baileys and it seems smoother.

The Collins also comes 2 springs and two further springs can be bought separately depending on what boost you are running.

HTH

Comment

Does the astra need a turbo upgrade for the dv to sound good?
                  I would like it louder on mine but don't really want to change anything else,
                  Also my vxr is LPG converted would this make a difference
                  Last edited by r66bby; 11 August 2010, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Blocking off the OE dump valve and only running an aftermarket one will make it louder.

But in my experience it makes the car far too jerky and my ACT tends to stall at every junction running the Collins and a 1 way valve (to block off the OE dump valve).

Comment

Originally posted by npd View Post
                      I have the both the Collins and Baileys...

The Collins is much louder than the Baileys, and a good deal cheaper at ~£60. I feel the car is more jerky with the Collins, but happy for that trade off - sound vs performance. I do prefer the sound of the Baileys and it seems smoother.

HTH

going to disagree with this, there is no difference in performance between either of these DV's!
                      the Collins is louder, but in no way jerky!
                      Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

yeah i agree with you geordie, and whats this about springs with the collins? mines doesnt come with any springs?

Comment

Yeah my bad! No springs, that is the diverter valve doh.

As I said in my post the Baileys is far smoother for me, so you can't disagree with that :P

It may be different for you and your setup...

Comment

Originally posted by npd View Post
                            As I said in my post the Baileys is far smoother for me, so you can't disagree with that :P
                            afraid i do mate

had both and can't tell any difference whatsoever,
                            only discernable difference between the 2 is the noise imo.
                            Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

I have both and Baileys IS far smoother for ME.

Obviously your experiences are different.

Comment

Working...
                              X