• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Restrictor Bolt

Quick question guys and girls:

Can i trust this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VXR-Z20LET-AST...item1c146e6aa6

If not, where do i get one from now that Percy is not doing them anymore?

Thanks

Gaz
    Arden VXR / 17" TD 1.2's Gloss Black/Dreamscience RACE+/Forge Re-Circ Valve/DAP'R Springs/Quaife LSD/RARB/TX Tophat/3" BLUEFLAME/PIPERCROSS CONE Filter/Oil Restrictor Bolt/Courtenay CDTI Conv/Courtenay Engine Mount Insert/Black Rear Diffuser/Black Boot Strip/Black V-Grill/Black Fogs/Black Wing Mirrors/8K HID's/Wind Deflectors/Insignia Jets/Cruise/Auto Wiper and Lights/De-Badged/Anti-Hijack
    sigpic

Originally posted by Gaz*VXR View Post
    Quick question guys and girls:

Can i trust this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VXR-Z20LET-AST...item1c146e6aa6

If not, where do i get one from now that Percy is not doing them anymore?

Thanks

Gaz
    Try

either LMF or Regal as they both sell these.

Comment

i've just ordered mine from regal. 25 quid delivered.
      W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
      http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Comment

Originally posted by w20adm View Post
        i've just ordered mine from regal. 25 quid delivered.
        HOW MUCH!!!!!!!!!!,
        try ian at mpg he sells them less than that.
        Last edited by philgvxr; 11 August 2010, 08:43 AM.

Comment

£20 from LMF
          http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/Astra-a...ctor-Bolt.html

Comment

got mine from regal when i was at pod

Comment

Got a regal one. Fitted in 10 mins. Good product!
              sigpic

Black Astra VXR, 19" Diamond Cut alloys, 3" Turbo back Scorpion exhaust

Comment

what is the advantage of these bolts
                sigpic

Scooby gone now driving an astra 2.0 turbo 200+ xpack

Comment

Have a read of this, it convinced me to buy one!

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...=PERCY%27S+vxr
                  sigpic

Black Astra VXR, 19" Diamond Cut alloys, 3" Turbo back Scorpion exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by mattiepkr1984 View Post
                    what is the advantage of these bolts
                    From Percy's VXR himself:

Quote -

vxrs have under piston cooling jets,and so have a higher pressure oil pump to accomodate them.this means they have oil pressure in excess of 100 psi (over 6 bar) when the oil is cool.even the old zlets have oil pressure of near 90psi.yes i have measured this pressure at the turbo.super.

the problem is,turbos are only supposed to run with between 2-4 bar (30-60)psi oil pressure.ball bearing turbos are supposed to have less than 2 bar (30psi).which means you are feeding the turbo's with way more oil pressure than they need and the seals are struggling to cope with it.thats why they seem to leak easily.not so much of a problem with the stock exhaust system,as the back pressure in it helps the oil seals.but when you fit a large bore exhaust and reduce the back pressure,it makes it even easier for the oil to get out of the exhaust side seal with its lower pressure.bingo.blue smoke on idle.

after many hours of work,testing and machining by me,this caps the max oil pressure the turbo see's to approx 40psi.this is more than enough to lubricate it yet doesnt overpower the seals.which means,you dont get any issues with running big bore exhaust.no smoke on idle with oil forcing its way past the seals.minimal risk of leaks (standard vaux drain isnt the best anyway) and oily smells when driven hard.

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=67814
                    sigpic
                    VXRacing Edition Paint Scheme, AET Hybrid Turbo, Autowerks Custom Remap, Bilstein B8 Shocks, EDS Inlet Manifold, EDS Inlet Cam, Regal Exhaust Cam, 3bar Map Sensor, TRE Fuel Pump, Custom Stainless Exhaust, Forge FMIC, Percy 1.9 cdti Airbox, Dbilas Air Scoop, Regal Diverter Valve, Bi-Xenon Headlights, DAP-R Springs, Vectra VXR Brake Conversion, ATB LSD, Whiteline RARB, Percy Breather Box + Restritor Bolt, ALPINE ICE

Comment

Thanks for the replys and links! Will be getting one of these ASAP
                      Arden VXR / 17" TD 1.2's Gloss Black/Dreamscience RACE+/Forge Re-Circ Valve/DAP'R Springs/Quaife LSD/RARB/TX Tophat/3" BLUEFLAME/PIPERCROSS CONE Filter/Oil Restrictor Bolt/Courtenay CDTI Conv/Courtenay Engine Mount Insert/Black Rear Diffuser/Black Boot Strip/Black V-Grill/Black Fogs/Black Wing Mirrors/8K HID's/Wind Deflectors/Insignia Jets/Cruise/Auto Wiper and Lights/De-Badged/Anti-Hijack
                      sigpic

Comment

Sorry for bringing back an OLD thread but... I now have one of these and just looking at the engine makes me think this will be a right **** of a job... Whats the best way to fit this thing lol!???
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gaz*VXR View Post
                          Sorry for bringing back an OLD thread but... I now have one of these and just looking at the engine makes me think this will be a right **** of a job... Whats the best way to fit this thing lol!???
                          Like this:

1. locate the banjo bolt on the oil feed line on the top of the turbo.

2. undo the banjo bolt and remove it from the feedline.

one copper washer will come off on the bolt,the other will be under the feed line and must be removed aswell.

3. take the oil restrictor and 2 new copper washers out of the bag.

4. fit one of the washers under the feedline where you removed the old one from and line it up with the oil gallery.

5. fit the oil restrictor into the oil line with the remaining copper washer on the bolt. (there should be a copper washer on either side of the oil line and should be assembled like the example below)

6. tighten the bolt.torque spec for the bolt is 12nm,but a good nip with the torx key until the bolt is tight is usually more than enough.

7. wipe up any oil spillage from around the oil gallery,then disconnect the coil pack plug.

8. crank the engine over for approx 5 seconds to refill the oil line.

9. check around the bolt for any oil leaks,if it has leaked,wipe it up and tighten some more,then try it again.if its ok,re-connect the coil pack.

10. start the engine,and allow the car to idle for a few minutes,again check for leaks around the bolt and retighten if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by MattW View Post
                            Like this:

1. locate the banjo bolt on the oil feed line on the top of the turbo.

2. undo the banjo bolt and remove it from the feedline.

one copper washer will come off on the bolt,the other will be under the feed line and must be removed aswell.

3. take the oil restrictor and 2 new copper washers out of the bag.

4. fit one of the washers under the feedline where you removed the old one from and line it up with the oil gallery.

5. fit the oil restrictor into the oil line with the remaining copper washer on the bolt. (there should be a copper washer on either side of the oil line and should be assembled like the example below)

6. tighten the bolt.torque spec for the bolt is 12nm,but a good nip with the torx key until the bolt is tight is usually more than enough.

7. wipe up any oil spillage from around the oil gallery,then disconnect the coil pack plug.

8. crank the engine over for approx 5 seconds to refill the oil line.

9. check around the bolt for any oil leaks,if it has leaked,wipe it up and tighten some more,then try it again.if its ok,re-connect the coil pack.

10. start the engine,and allow the car to idle for a few minutes,again check for leaks around the bolt and retighten if needed.

Legend.

Thanks
                            sigpic

Comment

surely there's no need to remove the washer under the line just to put another one on??? i just left the under one on and replaced the top one along with the bolt.
                              W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
                              http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Comment

Working...
                              X