This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lower boost on 95ron??

on stage 2 map with 95 ron fuel in would the boost be lower??
    less bhp???

The boost shouldn't be lower, unless the ecu can't retard the ignition enough to stop knock or dump enough fuel. But by that point it would just shut the throttle or dump all the boost.
    The power would be lower for the above reasons.

Comment

You should not be running 95ron on any mapped car as it could run lean. Stick with super plus.

Steve
      sigpic

www.courtenaysport.co.uk
      for all your tuning needs.....
      01692 404313.

Comment

Originally posted by stevenandalex View Post
        You should not be running 95ron on any mapped car as it could run lean. Stick with super plus.

Steve
        That's not correct, it doesn't matter if you're running 90 Ron or 110 Ron, the afr doesn't change, it's the knock sensitivity of the fuel that changes.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewt1971 View Post
          That's not correct, it doesn't matter if you're running 90 Ron or 110 Ron, the afr doesn't change, it's the knock sensitivity of the fuel that changes.
          Agreed, I know I am running a stage 2 map from TMS/Superchips designed for 95 ron and its running less ignition advance than the standard map distributed to others and slightly lower boost too.

If you fire in 95 ron the ECU will retard the timing if it has enough scope or just close the throttle and fuel dump if it doesn't have enough scope to accomodate the fuel.
          | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

i dont usally use it. car feels like i got less pull making me parnoid

Comment

It will have less power as the timing will be retarded to cope so the piston will not be pushed down at the ideal moment to make most power.
              | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

ok

new thread.

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...26#post1408026

Comment

The boost shouldn't be lower, unless the ecu can't retard the ignition enough to stop knock or dump enough fuel. But by that point it would just shut the throttle or dump all the boost.
                  The power would be lower for the above reasons.
                  Originally posted by worky View Post
                  Agreed, I know I am running a stage 2 map from TMS/Superchips designed for 95 ron and its running less ignition advance than the standard map distributed to others and slightly lower boost too.

If you fire in 95 ron the ECU will retard the timing if it has enough scope or just close the throttle and fuel dump if it doesn't have enough scope to accomodate the fuel.
                  Originally posted by worky View Post
                  It will have less power as the timing will be retarded to cope so the piston will not be pushed down at the ideal moment to make most power.

some great bit's of infor there lads
                  ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

Working...
                  X