This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boost problem??

im running full exhaust stage 2 bluefin.
    my boost figs on the car when i do 4th gear pull is about 21psi over boost and 17-18psi holding.
    which is what stage 2 bluefin ment to be?

but question is it doesnt hit these figures all the time like when i do high revs through the gears i hit 19psi max if lucky and 16-17psi holding.

is this normal? boost figs change depending on how you drive?
    ie 4th gear pull high boost. but drop it down a few gears so revs higher but boost isnt as high??

also on tick over from rear off the engine i can heara hisssssing noice, checked vac pipes and from what i can see there all on. so is it normal?? i

How are you measuring boost, the gauge could be out or the actuator could be weakening.

The hissing will most likely be you fuel supply
    | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

one them boost gauges with vac pipe off the fuel reg.

ive been getting para that my actuator is weaking as been running stage 1 then 2 for a while now. 37k on the clock.

Comment

i just cant figure out the hissing next time over the old mans i jack it up and look underneath to but all pipe look fine so just wondering if hissing is normal on tick over.

Comment

Wouldnt the hotter weather affect your boost ?

ALso if you dont catch it right all turbo cars will suffer lag.

Why are you so worry about your boost Beefy, does the car feel ok ?

Comment

i dont know im always seem to be thinking there something, from hearing a noise or whatever. never heard that noise before im sure.

just dont get the boost figs. not sure if weather would change boost figs, just strange how hits the figs sometimes but not then others especally when droping it down a few gears to make it go.

now its got me thinking... when on 4th gear pull didnt stay on over boost long. split second looked like.
            dont always reach the figs either... think actuator could be on way out????

Comment

when drop it down a few gears to go there no lag but dont reach the right figs. yes its quick

but instead of dropping it down few gears leave it in 4th gear, there lag then it goes, and boost the right figs.

so is this normal or i got potental weak actuator?

Comment

anyone?

or anyone on diff map with boost gauge have diff figs when driving diff.

as i fought if you put your foot down it boost same figs all the time??

Comment

In your first post you said at high revs the boost is lower, what sort of revs are we talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by andrewt1971 View Post
                    In your first post you said at high revs the boost is lower, what sort of revs are we talking about?
                    example.

40-50mph 4th gear put foot down 21psi over boost 17-18 psi holding.

then

40-50mph drop it down a gear ie 3rd (for surposedly for better acceleration) and get figs 19psi over boost if lucky then around 16psi holding

Comment

But you will be at a different RPM in 3rd gear at 40mph than in 4th.

Ideally you need to find the mph figure that gives you the same RPM in 3rd as 4th at 40mph and accelarate from there and watch your boost.
                      | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Originally posted by worky View Post
                        But you will be at a different RPM in 3rd gear at 40mph than in 4th.

Ideally you need to find the mph figure that gives you the same RPM in 3rd as 4th at 40mph and accelarate from there and watch your boost.
                        ok il have a look on way to work will post in the morning.

but surely even droping it down a gear the holding boost would match?

so what il do.
                        so make it fair test.

1st, test in 4th be about 40-50mph around ie 2.5k revs, put foot down and i will get them figs. and also in 4th gear pull put in to 5th see if 5th holds the figs

then

2nd, test in 3rd il match the revs ie 2.5k, put foot down see if get same figs.
                        (which wont) then in to 4th see what figs are then.

Comment

well tested it at same revs in the two diff gears. and 3rd gear dont reach same boost as 4th gear dont get it?

Comment

I have the same problem but mine is more severe. I can floor it and hold at 19psi where other times it will over boost at like 10-15 and hold at 5psi!

You can feel the difference then!

Comment

The hissing noise your getting does that get louder when driving ?
                              Have looked to see if anything is blowing when running ?
                              I would suggest you use a rag to see if it can detect a gas leak some where.
                              Would like to do more,

Milltek cat back, Whiteline RARB, Cruise Control, Light & Sight Pack, Parrot Blue Tooth Hands free Phone Connection & both rear fog lights working

Comment

Working...
                              X