Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you fit

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can you fit

    Will a larger vectra intake set up work/help with a percy cdti air box

    thanks

  • #2
    dunno if it will help but it should fit
    2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

    Comment


    • #3
      Yes !


      Read my post on the "Airbox thread" for my comments
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        yes so long as you have a fmic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by smokinvxr View Post
          yes so long as you have a fmic
          Well i have only the std IC and it works extremely well IMO, cant see how an uprated IC makes any difference to the amount of air been allowed in the system ?
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Because the pipework from the standard intercooler crushes the intake pipe into the slam pannel so not too sure of the benefits. With an uprated intercooler the pipework isn't coming out from the top of the intercooler.
            I see dumb people.......
            .....they're everywhere
            .....they walk around like everyone else
            .....they don't even know they're dumb

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Drunken Master View Post
              Because the pipework from the standard intercooler crushes the intake pipe into the slam pannel so not too sure of the benefits. With an uprated intercooler the pipework isn't coming out from the top of the intercooler.
              I can appreciate that comment, but when i saw the intake/scoop been fitted there was no signs of crushing that i could see, especially after the std Veccy lugs were removed ??
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
                I can appreciate that comment, but when i saw the intake/scoop been fitted there was no signs of crushing that i could see, especially after the std Veccy lugs were removed ??
                It's a very tight fit, with the lugs removed the pannel wasn't sitting flush untill I bolted it down.
                I see dumb people.......
                .....they're everywhere
                .....they walk around like everyone else
                .....they don't even know they're dumb

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Drunken Master View Post
                  It's a very tight fit, with the lugs removed the pannel wasn't sitting flush untill I bolted it down.
                  Goes away to relook
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    where is the best place to get a larger vectra intake??? if its the vx dealer, what is the part number???

                    Thanks

                    Allan

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by abjnr View Post
                      where is the best place to get a larger vectra intake??? if its the vx dealer, what is the part number???

                      Thanks

                      Allan
                      Std VX part

                      But there is one here already.............

                      http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...d.php?t=102859
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
                        Std VX part

                        But there is one here already.............

                        http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...d.php?t=102859
                        that was quick,,, thanks

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by abjnr View Post
                          that was quick,,, thanks
                          Pure coincidence, however seems to be part of a current hot topic
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            i have a dbilas scoop which is larger than the veccy one but you will not fit one with oe intercooler in place.... there's a cheap one for sale on aoc atm if anyone's interested

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by abjnr View Post
                              where is the best place to get a larger vectra intake??? if its the vx dealer, what is the part number???

                              Thanks

                              Allan
                              PM Mattbibs mate, I just got mine from him
                              sigpic
                              Arden Blue Astra , 19's, Bluetooth, Full Leather, Stage 2 Ready
                              Wanted: 18" Black Wheels, maybe an FMIC and Stage 2

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X