X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports button mpg?

Ok might be bit silly but bare with me!

I hardly ever use my sports button, and only switch it on to overtake and.............thats it realy!

Was wondering if driving with it on continuously in the VXR effects the mpg???

Does it improve or make it worse?

I know in my 150 CDTI with DTUK CRD2 box, having it on improved mpg.

Dan

(PS...I have tried doing a search on this)
    12 plate Astra GTC SRi cdti 165 stop/start in white.

Makes no difference, except you will like it and use your right foot more thus decreasing your mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by DanEds View Post
      Ok might be bit silly but bare with me!

I hardly ever use my sports button, and only switch it on to overtake and.............thats it realy!

Was wondering if driving with it on continuously in the VXR effects the mpg???

Does it improve or make it worse?

I know in my 150 CDTI with DTUK CRD2 box, having it on improved mpg.

Dan

(PS...I have tried doing a search on this)
      i would say for the vxr its defo worse mpg with sport on. mine is anyway.
      W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
      http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Comment

Ah right............wasnt sure if it changed the fueling or something on the petrol engine.

Comment

Originally posted by vr55vxr View Post
          Makes no difference, except you will like it and use your right foot more thus decreasing your mpg.
          I concur
          sigpic

Comment

Right mate I do a lot of motor way mile I've done trips with sports on and normal driving I've got a tms stage 2 map on and driving normal at 80 mph I get about 32-34mpg but with it on it drops to 30-32 at same speed all done with cruise control on so for every day driving I don't use sports mode but it's great to have the choice of jumping from 240 bhp standard to 285 with sports on brings a nice smile not many cars have the choice of running 2 maps lol
            sigpic

Astra vxr complete

Full TMS rebuild Owens HTA k04

Comment

Originally posted by burge View Post
              Right mate I do a lot of motor way mile I've done trips with sports on and normal driving I've got a tms stage 2 map on and driving normal at 80 mph I get about 32-34mpg but with it on it drops to 30-32 at same speed all done with cruise control on so for every day driving I don't use sports mode but it's great to have the choice of jumping from 240 bhp standard to 285 with sports on brings a nice smile not many cars have the choice of running 2 maps lol
              The car can only hold one map, pressing sports button will adjust the accelerator pedal when you get full power - i.e. you will get full power on 80% travel of pedal so it appears that you have two maps (not sure of the percentage)

Also pressing the sports button will adjust the steering sensitivity and engage IDS suspension if you have it.

Comment

Is the TMS map put on with a handheld machine mate?

Slaters Vauxhall in Colwyn Bay are now a TMS centre, and have offered me a remap by buing a handheld machine............think they said a bluefin!

Was the sales man that told me so dont think he knew a lot about it! lol

Comment

Slaters Vauxhall in Colwyn Bay are now a TMS centre, and have offered me a remap by buing a handheld machine............think they said a bluefin!

yes mate I have mine through a bluefin unit it's awesome can't fault it plus I've been to thorney to tweek the map there brill done there
                  sigpic

Astra vxr complete

Comment

Yes, for more information best speak to TMS HQ
                    sigpic

Comment

Yes, the map will be uploaded by the bluefin device when done at a TMS centre. If you go to a TMS center I believe you can have the map install without purchasing the bluefin.

The bluefin is just a device for uploading a map, you will still get the same maps if you went to TMS HQ.
                      Last edited by vr55vxr; 12 August 2010, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Yes, the map will be uploaded by the bluefin device when done at a TMS centre. If you go to a TMS center I believe you can have the map install without purchasing the bluefin.

The bluefin is just a device for uploading a map, you will still get the same maps if you went to TMS HQ.

Mate I love you u are a vat of knowledge lol, cheers for clearing that map stuff up I thought I was running 2 maps as my standard mode is a lot more less powerfull than with the sports on, my dv sounds a lot louder with sports in too that's why I thought the turbo is putting out more boost!! Cheers for clearing that up pal
                        sigpic

Astra vxr complete

Comment

Cheers mate!

Thats next on my list!

I wonder what bhp ill get with a scorpion full system! lol

Comment

Cheers mate!

Thats next on my list!

I wonder what bhp ill get with a scorpion full system! lol
                            Around 280 - 290 bhp.

Comment

Around 280 - 290 bhp.
                              Nice one mate!

Ill do it in a couple of months.........think he quoted 400 quid to get it done!

One more question befor I leave you alone .............can I still run the car on standard unleaded on the TMS map?

Comment

Working...
                              X