X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rapala
    VXRed blooded
    • 19 March 2008

Dap's

Hi all. Had my Dap springs fitted last week and love how they have transformed the car. feels so much nicer to drive now. yes it is a bit of a harder ride but not too bad.
    one thing that i am not sure about is that if i hit a bit of a hole in the road sometimes i get a bit of a clanging sound from the back springs.sounds like metal hitting metal.does anyone else who has these springs get this ??
  • Hally83
    VXRacing ahead
    • 16 December 2008

Originally posted by rapala
    Hi all. Had my Dap springs fitted last week and love how they have transformed the car. feels so much nicer to drive now. yes it is a bit of a harder ride but not too bad.
    one thing that i am not sure about is that if i hit a bit of a hole in the road sometimes i get a bit of a clanging sound from the back springs.sounds like metal hitting metal.does anyone else who has these springs get this ??
    The coils at the bottom of the DAP spring are spaced widely and the top coils have minimal spacing which acts basically as a filler so the springs do not pop out at full extension. Due to this type of design, you can receive spring slapping, where the top of the larger (bottom end) spaced coil impacts with the top (narrow filler) coil, causing a metallic crashing sound on pot holes.

Its due to the type of design from the spring im afraid. Not much you can do about it. The Eibach Pro kit and other similar springs are all the same.
    sigpic
    VXRacing Edition Paint Scheme, AET Hybrid Turbo, Autowerks Custom Remap, Bilstein B8 Shocks, EDS Inlet Manifold, EDS Inlet Cam, Regal Exhaust Cam, 3bar Map Sensor, TRE Fuel Pump, Custom Stainless Exhaust, Forge FMIC, Percy 1.9 cdti Airbox, Dbilas Air Scoop, Regal Diverter Valve, Bi-Xenon Headlights, DAP-R Springs, Vectra VXR Brake Conversion, ATB LSD, Whiteline RARB, Percy Breather Box + Restritor Bolt, ALPINE ICE

Comment

• pookievxr
      VXRed
      • 30 March 2009

As above. When I uprated my standard shocks to Koni FSD's my VX tech guy who fitted them explained that if I hit a pothole I would perhaps get some noise, but not to worry about it as the springs wouldn't pop out and that there was nothing wrong with the suspension. It hasn't happened to me yet though as I'm trying my very best to avoid potholes for the sake of my wheels and tyres.

Comment

• rapala
        VXRed blooded
        • 19 March 2008

thanks for the replies. put my mind at ease. thought my suspension was going to fall apart the first time it did it

Comment

Working...