This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapping units ?

Okay, so what is the main difference between the Thorney Bluefin, Regal EDS IPF and Stratgem Dreamscience except for the lives on the DS of course.

Is there anything that would really justify buying the EDS IPF for 575$ or the Bluefin for 499$ when the Dreamscience is selling for 395 right now ?

All my Astra OPC has right now is a removed muffler and 3" miltek sport downpipe

Originally posted by Nuubzta View Post
    Okay, so what is the main difference between the Thorney Bluefin, Regal EDS IPF and Stratgem Dreamscience except for the lives on the DS of course.

Is there anything that would really justify buying the EDS IPF for 575$ or the Bluefin for 499$ when the Dreamscience is selling for 395 right now ?

All my Astra OPC has right now is a removed muffler and 3" miltek sport downpipe

AFAIK the only way you'll get a DS unit now is secondhand, mate as Dreamscience has ceased development of tuning products for the Astra VXR. I've had Bluefin, DS and now I have the EDS IPF unit. Bang for buck, DS is the best value for money, especially if you're not thinking of any other performance mods for the time being as DS maps are specifically Stage 2 maps, but you'd also get very good gains at Stage 1 level where you are at the moment. I wouldn't recommend it if you were planning to go any further than Stage 2 with tuning your car.

I found the TMS Bluefin to be very explosive and torquey low down the range (at Stage 2) with less power at the top end. DS (Ultima map) I found to be far more progressive than the Bluefin and I personally preferred it. My car is now tuned past Stage 2, so I sold my DS unit as I wanted a tuning option where I could change to a different map as I add hardware to my car. That's where the EDS IPF unit came in. The maps are very progressive and I have found them to give more power in the mid and top end range (at Stage 3 +).

If I had a Stage 1 car, I'd go for DS if you can find one secondhand.

This is all of course IMO.

Comment

Nobody know the Code:Red from Klasen? I know courtenay use the same map as Klasen.

Comment

Originally posted by reunionvxr View Post
        Nobody know the Code:Red from Klasen? I know courtenay use the same map as Klasen.
        Klassen writes the maps for Courts so they should be spot on.
        | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Originally posted by Nuubzta View Post

They are all ONLY loading tools, some have other functionality too though !

The main difference is the software (remap) which is loaded using these tools.

Your mission should you decide to take it, is to decide which remap (software) to go with - then you have litttle choice remotely, but to use the tool that is associated with that software.

Courtenays too now have a device for saving a copy of your map apparently......
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X