This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo dynamics stage 2 hybrid vxr turbo

as above is anybody on here running this turbo?

Any links mate?

Comment

Here you go

http://www.turbodynamics.co.uk/acata...%20Hybrids.pdf

Comment

Recommended maximum boost level is 18-20 P.S.I??

So what is the recommended max for a standard vxr turbo?

I like the look of the stage 2 turbo, i think im going to go for one of these shortly, just need to see if my tuner can map it for me if i did do it

Comment

I've heard of guys having problems with the customer service side of things with TD after this Stage 2 VXR turbo went bang, it had only done 4K miles and had never had the boost over 14PSI, but they gave the guy a lot of grief, blaming him for its demise. That would certainly put me off going for one myself. I'd be more inclined to go for an AET hybrid like Bo Nielsen has on his car. Heard better things about them.

http://aetturbosonline.com/index.php...emart&Itemid=2

Comment

Originally posted by pookievxr View Post
            I've heard of guys having problems with the customer service side of things with TD after this Stage 2 VXR turbo went bang, it had only done 4K miles and had never had the boost over 14PSI, but they gave the guy a lot of grief, blaming him for its demise. That would certainly put me off going for one myself. I'd be more inclined to go for an AET hybrid like Bo Nielsen has on his car. Heard better things about them.

Yeah i think it would be the AET turbe id go with mate, Ive had friends who in the past have had bad experiences with TD on rally car turbos but they get a hard life I think our own Bo Nielsen has tried the turbo out for us along with Paulk and both recommend it as an alternative to the bigger more expensive turbo's.

Im putting 6 pots on first mate and sorting out an intercooler for mine, possibly next year before i go for it.

Group buy on one would be ideal

Comment

If you stick that hybrid on a stage 3 car do you need to get it mapped for the turbo? What gains would you get from just the turbo?

Comment

Originally posted by turbovxr View Post
                If you stick that hybrid on a stage 3 car do you need to get it mapped for the turbo? What gains would you get from just the turbo?
                TD advise you do get the software revised as it could cause damage to the car and new turbo unit.

Gains would depend on the map i think.

Paulk had one on his and think he was 320bhp but not 100% sure...

Bo has one and hes got 333bhp but he has many other mods and a bigger cooler etc...

Id be pleased with over 300bhp and a solid turbo at ST3.

Comment

I doubt Thorneys would do a map for this

Comment

It only states that you require revised software, meaning you shouldn't be running a hybrid turbo using a standard VXR ECU (ie without a remap). If you were already running a Stage 3 map, you wouldn't necessarily need another remap. It would allow you to run your car at higher BHP but with lower boost, so not overspinning your turbo. You could run a hybrid turbo with for instance a TMS or EDS Stage 3 map without the need for further software.

Comment

I doubt Thorneys would do a map for this
                      Hmm might not mate, Superchips might do one though that thorney may back?!

We wouldnt know until we ask, im not in the position to buy one yet but will ask the question when the time comes.

It would be around a 3 day trip for me to get the car mapped! Road trip...

Comment

Is this the same turbo?

Comment

I think it is mate...

Comment

Originally posted by pookievxr View Post
                            It only states that you require revised software, meaning you shouldn't be running a hybrid turbo using a standard VXR ECU (ie without a remap). If you were already running a Stage 3 map, you wouldn't necessarily need another remap. It would allow you to run your car at higher BHP but with lower boost, so not overspinning your turbo. You could run a hybrid turbo with for instance a TMS or EDS Stage 3 map without the need for further software.
                            So running at low boost, is that bad or good or does it not matter? Would it be slower or something

Comment

Yeah matey that's the same one.

Comment

Working...
                              X