This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car help.

Posted a few weeks ago that when i turned the key in the ignition, it just cut out and the car with the spanner in the roof came on. The error 161450 came up saying it was just the ignition failing and confirmed on here it was just a hiccup. But now its doing it most days. Its starting after misfiring once and everything is fine. any ideas? And is this bad for the car?
    Arden Astra VXR
    Black e92 320d
    Silver e92 335d
    Blue e92 m3 dct competition pack
    Mineral white m235i manual

Dont know the answer mate, but hope you get this sorted without too much hassel, I Know i am no use but people on here that do know what they are talking about will help you out

Comment

this is a problem with the cim take it back to vx its a common problem
      STAGE 6 Courtenay intercooler, Quaife lsd, 3" exhaust, Percys tophat, gt28/68 hta, custom made parts, Whiteline rarb, DAP springs, Courtenay 16 grove discs, Mintex M1144 pads, stainless braided hoses, brake cooling ducts, 5.1 dot fluid, Insignia washer jets. over400bhp and 400f/lbs Courtenay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by vxr maniac View Post
        this is a problem with the cim take it back to vx its a common problem
        There you go....told you there are some clued up people on here, very friendly too

Comment

Agree with comments above, trip to dealer to get the cim tested.

Comment

Thought cim might need updating. Long shot but anyone know how much?
            Arden Astra VXR
            Black e92 320d
            Silver e92 335d
            Blue e92 m3 dct competition pack
            Mineral white m235i manual

Comment

Originally posted by andy_vxr237 View Post
              Thought cim might need updating. Long shot but anyone know how much?
              if your cars under warranty free if its not software update is 75 quid thats what it cost me for mine and its been fine since
              STAGE 6 Courtenay intercooler, Quaife lsd, 3" exhaust, Percys tophat, gt28/68 hta, custom made parts, Whiteline rarb, DAP springs, Courtenay 16 grove discs, Mintex M1144 pads, stainless braided hoses, brake cooling ducts, 5.1 dot fluid, Insignia washer jets. over400bhp and 400f/lbs Courtenay tuned.

Comment

if your cars under warranty free if its not software update is 75 quid thats what it cost me for mine and its been fine since
                But surely if the cim needed an update to 'cure' the problem, then that update should have been needed/wanted whilst the car was still under warrenty, so vxl owe you £75 refund, you dont just need an update overnight, its needed from day one, otherwise they didnt need to manufacture an update unless they were aware of a problem ?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by miniman View Post
                  But surely if the cim needed an update to 'cure' the problem, then that update should have been needed/wanted whilst the car was still under warrenty, so vxl owe you £75 refund, you dont just need an update overnight, its needed from day one, otherwise they didnt need to manufacture an update unless they were aware of a problem ?
                  id agree with you but as the car was older than 3 years when the problem started i had to pay tried with vx care and got nowhere as one of the services was done 1 month over its due date by the previous owner they will do anything to get out of paying nowadays thats why i wont get my bus serviced by vx and do it myself

Comment

id agree with you but as the car was older than 3 years when the problem started i had to pay tried with vx care and got nowhere as one of the services was done 1 month over its due date by the previous owner they will do anything to get out of paying nowadays thats why i wont get my bus serviced by vx and do it myself
                    Well theres another new hop out clause, if a 'previous' owner delays in a service, but you are strict by the service times, its you that has to suffer, that surely cannot be right, can it ?
                    sigpic

Comment

not right at all but its there loss as i will do all servicing and repairs myself and know its been done and right

Comment

Working...
                      X