This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Sport" Button

What does it actually do? some say it increase power by a very small amount some say it doesn't. Some say it changes the ride and handling. Everyone has a different view.
    What is fact about this mystery button?
    Its surely better just driving with the sport button off most of the time then when you need it press it if it makes a difference.
    Can anyone enlighten me!
    PS i know you can get maps put onto the button so there is a greater increase in power.
    Cheers Ben

It makes your wheels bigger

Comment

it increases throttle responce and sharpens up the steering and will increase the boost pressure slightly and if you have ids it will stiffen up the shocks
      STAGE 6 Courtenay intercooler, Quaife lsd, 3" exhaust, Percys tophat, gt28/68 hta, custom made parts, Whiteline rarb, DAP springs, Courtenay 16 grove discs, Mintex M1144 pads, stainless braided hoses, brake cooling ducts, 5.1 dot fluid, Insignia washer jets. over400bhp and 400f/lbs Courtenay tuned.

Comment

it turns your car in to stealth mode mate Only kidding, book says somthing like, stiffens suspension, increase throttle response and steering sensativaty

Comment

Originally posted by vxr maniac View Post
          it increases throttle responce and sharpens up the steering and will increase the boost pressure slightly and if you have ids it will stiffen up the shocks
          +1
          sigpic

Arden Blue // Aero Pack // Blue Nappa leather Seats // Dual Zone Climate Control // Navi 600 // Rear Tints // Electric Folding Mirrors // Tire Pressure Monitoring System // Premium Lighting Pack // Rear Parking Sensors // Driving Assistance Pack

Comment

Originally posted by vxr maniac View Post
            ^^ and if your car is mapped your full POWER will be as your disposal

with most reputable tuning software, but not all
            sigpic

Comment

On the standard car is changes the throttle response so that 50% throttle equals 75% power or something like that. It also weights up the steering slightly. If you have IDS+ it firms up the suspension.
              sigpic
              Astra VXR | VXRacing Edition No 265 | Bluetooth | Cruise Control
              TMS Stage 2 map, Milltek, Bilstein B14 coilovers, Quaife LSD and AP Racing 4 pots.

Comment

^^ as DavidVXR said .... no power increase at all on a standard car. Just a lovely weight to the steering and very sensitive thorttle. and again as above if you have the optional extra of IDS+ suspention then it will stiffen them up too

James

sigpic
                MY14 Corsa Burg, "REX" , Burg #452

Comment

I didn't think it changes the steering? Maybe on later spec cars but it makes no difference on my 55plate. Only the throttle sensitivity.

Comment

I have a 55 plate too mate and it make it more weighted, and heavy feeling. Great for country roads etc. You def notice it when turned on

James

sigpic
                    MY14 Corsa Burg, "REX" , Burg #452

Comment

Originally posted by B17BLG View Post
                      What does it actually do? some say it increase power by a very small amount some say it doesn't. Some say it changes the ride and handling. Everyone has a different view.
                      What is fact about this mystery button?
                      Its surely better just driving with the sport button off most of the time then when you need it press it if it makes a difference.
                      Can anyone enlighten me!
                      PS i know you can get maps put onto the button so there is a greater increase in power.
                      Cheers Ben
                      Do the 'self' test, what happens to YOUR car with it on or off ?
                      sigpic

Comment

What 'I' dont understand is, how can a remap stiffen up the suspension, surely theres no electronic connection to the dampers/springs ?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by miniman View Post
                          What 'I' dont understand is, how can a remap stiffen up the suspension, surely theres no electronic connection to the dampers/springs ?
                          Only with IDS

Comment

Nothing to do with a remap - the button on IDS equipped cars firms up the suspension when pressed

Astra

Comment

Do the 'self' test, what happens to YOUR car with it on or off ?
                              I pick the car up saturday so can't do it myself yet.
                              Someone told me after a certain year that all vxr's come with IDS as standard with i didnt think was right??
                              The car i have bought said in the ad it had IDS and an optional

Comment

Working...
                              X