This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel light?

Just outta interest roughly how far should i be able to go (driving sensibly) after the fuel warning light comes on??

'Cus i really can't figure it out, was driving home this evening and managed about 15 miles with the red light on before a message popped up on the BC saying i needed to refuel and it blanked the range estimate. Thing is just before it did this it was tellin me i was good for another 15 miles and that tied up with the amount of fuel i think i had left based on the amount the BC said i'd used.

Depends how you've been driving it and how you intend to drive it... hard to give a precise answer tbh.
    Ignorance is temporary... Stupidity lasts forever.

Comment

Icould not tell you but i never let mine run below a quarter

Comment

I get very scared when the fuel light comes on and the range goes of but drove 20.5 miles for a tesco petrol station needle was below the red lines

Comment

Not a good idea to let it run till almost empty....
          Put it like this " How upset do you get when you run out of lager?"

sigpic

Arden Blue // Aero Pack // Blue Nappa leather Seats // Dual Zone Climate Control // Navi 600 // Rear Tints // Electric Folding Mirrors // Tire Pressure Monitoring System // Premium Lighting Pack // Rear Parking Sensors // Driving Assistance Pack

Comment

Originally posted by rosco.p View Post

rotf lmao

VERY!!!
            Insignia SRi VX-Line RED
            ^^Click here to see it^^

Comment

once it is the red light shining only it shut be OK, but once it start flashing there is only about 1,2 L of fuel (Corsa) left mine was flashing already few times
              MB E63s AMG
              MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
              Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
              Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by rosco.p View Post

Oh yeh i know letting it get that low on a regular basis is bad for the car but was just wondering so i know just in case.

Comment

I know my astras BC aint accurate at all!! .... but when I fuel Jags at work, when they always have 0 range on them and go for at least another 15-20 after that. But not bthe VXR

James

sigpic
                  MY14 Corsa Burg, "REX" , Burg #452

Comment

Working...
                  X