This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help... Steering Wheel Controls

Hi guys, the last couple of days when going to work the steering wheel control on the left that changes screen between the radio, bluetooth and MPG details doesn't move up or down only selects? After 3-4 mins its fine. It hasn't happened everytime but 3 times in the last 6-7 start ups. Anyone had this problem or got any ideas of what could be causing it?

EDIT: Warranty is up in January so want to get as much sorted as I can before this runs out.

Cheers
    H
    sigpic
    Arden Blue Astra , 19's, Bluetooth, Full Leather, Stage 2 Ready
    Wanted: 18" Black Wheels, maybe an FMIC and Stage 2

Anyone , it happened today again. About 3 mins into the journey it started working again
    sigpic

Comment

cim module maybe. just with the lights on? checked your horn works to?

Comment

Could be the connection behind the control, is there anything else not working?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by beefycol View Post
          cim module maybe. just with the lights on? checked your horn works to?
          Hi mate, I done the CIM Module test by putting the side lights on and pressing the horn but the horn worked

Originally posted by stewarty-vxr View Post
          Could be the connection behind the control, is there anything else not working?
          No mate, everything else seems fine. When I press it to select it works but whenever I move it up or down it doesn't work. Its only for the first 3-4 mins of a journey, but not all the time
          sigpic

Comment

might need plug it into tech2

Comment

might need plug it into tech2
              Should that let me know whats wrong?
              sigpic

Comment

not 100% on that so one might confirm. but must the time yes tells you any electircal fault like my 3rd parking senseor has low voltage. vaux charge 60 quid... i went off on one said you can buy them for 25... she like i dont think so... went a head anyway..... i hate vaux cust service

Comment

it will be cim module , ours went the same way then more started playing up.

firstly it was just the steering wheel controls not working intermittantly then a few monts later the horn stopped working.

and finally the horn started turning the stereo on and off.

got cim module changed under warranty and its been fine since.
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by soosie
                  Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
                  Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

Comment

not 100% on that so one might confirm. but must the time yes tells you any electircal fault like my 3rd parking senseor has low voltage. vaux charge 60 quid... i went off on one said you can buy them for 25... she like i dont think so... went a head anyway..... i hate vaux cust service
                    Cheers mate, might phone a few local garages to see if any of them have tech2 and see if they can help me out
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cerberus View Post
                      it will be cim module , ours went the same way then more started playing up.

firstly it was just the steering wheel controls not working intermittantly then a few monts later the horn stopped working.

and finally the horn started turning the stereo on and off.

got cim module changed under warranty and its been fine since.
                      If its that I definitely want that sorting before the warranty runs out. Is it a big job mate? Warranty is up in January so I don't have much time to wait on other things going wrong .
                      sigpic

Comment

cim mod as first said....if i had warrnet i would bother with this id tell vaux sort it now!

Comment

nah they are really common , dealership did our cim module in about an hour

took then a few days to get the part in tho.

i had it in for a service and mentioned the steering control and horn issues and they said they would order a new cim for us no questions asked
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cerberus View Post
                            nah they are really common , dealership did our cim module in about an hour

took then a few days to get the part in tho.

i had it in for a service and mentioned the steering control and horn issues and they said they would order a new cim for us no questions asked
                            very commen one person on here had replaced a shocking 5 times. in like two years....

Comment

IIRC there was even an article about them on watchdog
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X