This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hybrid

What do you lot do when getting the turbo hybrid? Do you take the turbo off yourself to send away? Im not sure how to take it off so i'd need a garage to do it but then i wouldnt know how to get the car home lol. Bugger

where you based?

Comment

10 mins north of Newcastle. I live in Morpeth

Comment

I think the places supplying the hybrid turbos send you the hybrid on an exchange basis, giving you a month to get your old turbo back to them. If they don't receive it after a month, they then invoice the surcharge to you (£400+). I know that's how AET do it.

Comment

Originally posted by pookievxr View Post
          I think the places supplying the hybrid turbos send you the hybrid on an exchange basis, giving you a month to get your old turbo back to them. If they don't receive it after a month, they then invoice the surcharge to you (£400+). I know that's how AET do it.
          Have you got one mate or fitted one to another car??

Whats the script?

Comment

Originally posted by pookievxr View Post
            Dont understand mate. So they send me a turbo already hybrid and then i just send them my old one?

Comment

Originally posted by moosh View Post
              Have you got one mate or fitted one to another car??

Whats the script?
              I've just done a bit of homework on my different options for hybriding, Fella. Contacted a few different companies. Will most likely go with AET for my own, my car's Regal S3 with inlet cam at the moment.

Originally posted by turbovxr View Post
              Dont understand mate. So they send me a turbo already hybrid and then i just send them my old one?
              That's right mate, if you go with AET you pay them £871, they send you the hybrid and then you send them your old turbo in exchange within a month. That gives you a month to get your old one off, the hybrid fitted and the old one sent back to them.

Comment

Yes they then turn your old one in to a hybrid and sell it on.

Fully reconditioned so you would never know.

But yours has to be in good nick or you will pay the 400 surcharge.

Better just getting it and selling your own one private

Comment

Is 350bhp the limit on the hybrid?

Comment

Originally posted by moosh View Post
                    Yes they then turn your old one in to a hybrid and sell it on.

Fully reconditioned so you would never know.

But yours has to be in good nick or you will pay the 400 surcharge.

Better just getting it and selling your own one private
                    How would i know if its not in good nic?

Comment

Is 350bhp the limit on the hybrid?
                      If you want any more than that out of your car, you should just go for a bigger blower, like a Garrett from either Courtenay's or Regal. Though realistically you'd most likely need forged rods and pistons to get you anywhere near that safely.

Comment

Well hybrid and inlet cams would be about 350bhp wouldnt it? As i've already got 312bhp

Comment

Well hybrid and inlet cams would be about 350bhp wouldnt it? As i've already got 312bhp
                          I wouldn't think you'd get any more out of a hybrid than 350BHP TBH Fella, even with inlet cam. I've got full 3" Exhaust and Regal inlet cam and I doubt that a hybrid would take my car up to 350. You could always go for inlet manny as well, that would give you a few more ponies for sure

Comment

In theory you could buy a knackered turbo, send that away for the hybrd conversion, then get them swapped once it's done. and as a bonus you still have your standard one also

Comment

Best thing to do is to buy a new hybrid, and keep your old turbo as a spare, if you should ever crack the exhaust manifold, then it's an easy job to change manifold.

Don't expect much over 330hp with the hybrid The difference is that it can keep 300hp+ whole the way to 7500rpm, where as the standard turbo dies after 5000rpm.
                              I would also recomend you get an uprated inlet manifold to get the best from the Hybrid setup

My graph, and you will likely get more power if on standard piston's.

sigpic

Click Follow Me on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X