Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two days old and dad cracks door off of a wall!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two days old and dad cracks door off of a wall!!

Getting out, my dad's just cracked the door off of a low wall, chipping the bottom of the passenger door . It's only tiny, but I'm concerned it will rust.

What's the best way to correct this? Cocktail stick? Or a touch up pen? Best place to get a good paint match?

He feels really bad, I feel worse for yelling lol. Accidents happen I guess!
    Last edited by Amraam; 13 August 2010, 05:30 PM.

Originally posted by Amraam View Post
    Getting out, my dad's just cracked the door off of a low wall, chipping the bottom of the passenger door . It's only tiny, but I'm concerned it will rust.

What's the best way to correct this? Cocktail stick? Or a touch up pen? Best place to get a good paint match?

Firstly,clout him.

Secondly,go to vxl parts dept for a touch-up kit.

Comment

Get a touch up pen from vx or halfrauds. The pens are good as they have a needle to deliver the right amount of paint right where you need it. Sorry to hear this.
      ....................................sigpic.................................

..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

Comment

well i wouldnt be going id be sending your dad to vxl or halfords!!!
        2008 Black Shaphire Astra VXR Ko6 Hybrid Turbo, Airtec Stage 2 Cooler, Piper 3" Decat and Resonated, CDTi Airbox, Bilstein B8's with Eibach Sportline Springs, Whiteline Rear Anti Roll Bar, Wavetrac Diff, Ksport 356mm Brakes, 18" Revolution Milleniums and lots more

Comment

Originally posted by Michaelh View Post
          well i wouldnt be going id be sending your dad to vxl or halfords!!!
          I wouldnt put my dad in the car again!

Toni

Comment

oh no gutted, touch up pen from vaux good kit and only about 6quid i got one

Comment

Thanks all, I'll go grab one now. Likely to cost much?

As you can see it really is tiny - about 1x3mm, but its right down to the metal. Will it rust?

EDIT: sorry, didn't see last reply. Will go now

Comment

Be fine as you're going to treat it rather than leave it

Astra

Comment

Do the touch up pens come with lacquer, or will such a small ding not need it?

Comment

Do the touch up pens come with lacquer, or will such a small ding not need it?
                    it will yeh but ive never used laqaur

Comment

Originally posted by Astra VXR Damo View Post
                      it will yeh but ive never used laqaur
                      They the Vx ones yeah? I see the Halfrauds ones come with primer and lacquer too for £11 but the paint will likely be miles off.

Comment

They the Vx ones yeah? I see the Halfrauds ones come with primer and lacquer too for £11 but the paint will likely be miles off.
                        go to vx mate dont get it from halfords..

Comment

ouch but like said accident's happend hope you were'nt to hard on your old fella.....vx can give you a colour match / touch up paint

thats what i would get ..the clean it..clay it then smooth it off with some wet and dry sand paper (very lightly on the area only) then just touch it up..this way you wont have any thing on/under the paint work so it should'nt rust
                          ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

were is he, im not accepting this, if you wont level him i will, how dare he !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by I_AM_THE_STIG View Post
                              were is he, im not accepting this, if you wont level him i will, how dare he !!!!!!
                              LMAO!!

Comment

Working...
                              X