This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STRESSED!!!! new engin

recently my engin faild on my 09 plate vxr but cos mapped by regal wasnt warrentyd so i got vx to take the engin out and they have had my car stripd down ready for the new engin two weekks yday when asking on wed about a delivery date for my engin that im having to pay for.. the man said he would find out for and get back to me within the hour.. but his partner adam said they where on back order three days before so a delivery should be in soon.. so two days passed and no phone call so i poped in there. and adam who was dealing with my car was n holiday last week so i had to deal with this **** that couldnt care less and it was this guy that said he would ring me but didnt.. so strait away i was like has there been any progress and the fat man goes quit rudely at me ? no cos we dont have an engin yet !!!" i was thinking i can understand that so i goes " did you find out a delivery date " and looks puzzled and reply with " engins are not available" oh i said and the man just goes we will keep you informed..
    i dont understand how one day their expecting a delivery then the they aint available whats that all about?? and why is it always me when i go into the vx service dept i get delt with buy some geeza that knows sweet fa bout your car or any car at all and they always have this " why you asking me this stuff expression on there face " and to be quite hounest i dont think they realy give a ****!!
    what are vx playing at when im paying in total almost 9000 pound for a new engin copleetly wiped ecu to remove any trace of the eds map and a tms stage 2 with bluefinn all fitted..
    what can i do realy cos atm im paying for a car that has no engin
    piper 3inch, regal 1.9 airbox + tms bluefiin stage 2 sigpic

mate i dont understand that last bit!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by randomgary View Post
      mate i dont understand that last bit!!
      Im guessing he is paying the car loan off and atm he is paying for a car that has no engine...

As for 9000 pounds for a engine swap? Second hand astra vxr's are going for almost as much lol
      sigpic
      VXRacing Edition Paint Scheme, AET Hybrid Turbo, Autowerks Custom Remap, Bilstein B8 Shocks, EDS Inlet Manifold, EDS Inlet Cam, Regal Exhaust Cam, 3bar Map Sensor, TRE Fuel Pump, Custom Stainless Exhaust, Forge FMIC, Percy 1.9 cdti Airbox, Dbilas Air Scoop, Regal Diverter Valve, Bi-Xenon Headlights, DAP-R Springs, Vectra VXR Brake Conversion, ATB LSD, Whiteline RARB, Percy Breather Box + Restritor Bolt, ALPINE ICE

Comment

9k! buy a 2nd hand astra and sell your original for parts etc.

madness 9k on an engine!!!!

Comment

did you not contact regal with regards to the failure???? so it should have been covered by their warrenty.

Comment

well 9k was an estimate in my head lol cos a new engin i think is just over 6k then 900 on a fmic from tms then the ecu has to be sent 2 vx uk then the tms map and labour on top but when im done it will basically be brand new with 3yr 60000 mile warrenty just on a 09 plate..
            but if engins are not available i dont know whats guna happen jus glad i gota loan car of them even if it is an agila 1.2 lol... im guna go in there on monday when adams back i can get sence out of him and hes realy helpfull.. cos i can not see how an engin isnt available for a production car???? this makes no sence to me.. now i wish regal never whent near my car but oh well cant change anything now lol

Comment

Originally posted by mark1vxr View Post
              did you not contact regal with regards to the failure???? so it should have been covered by their warrenty.
              regal only offer a stupid 3000 mile warrenty criminal realy

Comment

havent read it all, to much short text, first off you say its regal tuned but then later on you say about the tms map will get wiped.. so which map is on the car?

what happened to the engine? did a piston melt, rods bent, timing let go, etc

have you spoken to regal?
                Last edited by sandyVXR; 14 August 2010, 12:50 PM.
                my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

May take them a while to get an engine as it has reached the end of it's life so they will be scaling down stock.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

its very complicated the way you have put the text..

so correct me if i am wrong you have had both regal and TMS software on the ECU prior to the engine failure..

As for TMS warrenty they will cover the cost if you its proven to have been cause via the Bluefin software...

But to me you dont mention any sort fault possibilities that could have caused it.. all i can assume is you thrashed the engine above its capabilites

ALready been said buy a well looked after second hand vxr and sell yours for parts..
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by moeman View Post
                      May take them a while to get an engine as it has reached the end of it's life so they will be scaling down stock.
                      well i think its quite bad realy cosidering this engin is still used in to production cars and lets be hounest its quite a desirable engin and its not available atm... but when i when to pvs show they had a brand new c20xe (redtop) engin there makes no sence to me when they stoped using them engins 10...15 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by kershaw-vxr View Post
                        well i think its quite bad realy cosidering this engin is still used in to production cars and lets be hounest its quite a desirable engin and its not available atm... but when i when to pvs show they had a brand new c20xe (redtop) engin there makes no sence to me when they stoped using them engins 10...15 years ago
                        why not PM mattbibs and ask him to look into it for ya as he will have the database etc as he is parts manager at VX
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by br3ttwilson View Post
                          its very complicated the way you have put the text..

so correct me if i am wrong you have had both regal and TMS software on the ECU prior to the engine failure..

As for TMS warrenty they will cover the cost if you its proven to have been cause via the Bluefin software...

But to me you dont mention any sort fault possibilities that could have caused it.. all i can assume is you thrashed the engine above its capabilites

ALready been said buy a well looked after second hand vxr and sell yours for parts..
                          no only eds on there when the engin faild thats why im in this mess.. and the head vx tecnicion came down to inspect the car and strait away he said it was a mapping fault he said it has badly undrfuled cylinder2 i can asure u it had nothing to do with the way i drove it i would understand if it was almost 3yrs old and i had track dayd it but i aint and the car is barely a yr old.. it makes me ask question bout how reliable theese eds maps are

Comment

no only eds on there when the engin faild thats why im in this mess.. and the head vx tecnicion came down to inspect the car and strait away he said it was a mapping fault he said it has badly undrfuled cylinder2 i can asure u it had nothing to do with the way i drove it i would understand if it was almost 3yrs old and i had track dayd it but i aint and the car is barely a yr old.. it makes me ask question bout how reliable theese eds maps are
                            Alot of people use these EDS maps (including me) and have had no problems at all. As these are generic maps, you should ALWAYS R&R your car when a new map is put on to ensure everything is running fine...

Did you get Regal to install the map? (they would have checked it prior to you leaving). Or did you put it on via IPF?
                            sigpic
                            VXRacing Edition Paint Scheme, AET Hybrid Turbo, Autowerks Custom Remap, Bilstein B8 Shocks, EDS Inlet Manifold, EDS Inlet Cam, Regal Exhaust Cam, 3bar Map Sensor, TRE Fuel Pump, Custom Stainless Exhaust, Forge FMIC, Percy 1.9 cdti Airbox, Dbilas Air Scoop, Regal Diverter Valve, Bi-Xenon Headlights, DAP-R Springs, Vectra VXR Brake Conversion, ATB LSD, Whiteline RARB, Percy Breather Box + Restritor Bolt, ALPINE ICE

Comment

That redtop engine was a Vauxhall exchange unit, basically it was a reconditioned engine, it had also been lying around for over 4 years before it made an appearance at PV.

Comment

Working...
                              X