This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• break squealing

everytime i break im getting alot of brake squealing. is this normal on the astra vxr?
    Arden Astra VXR
    Black e92 320d
    Silver e92 335d
    Blue e92 m3 dct competition pack
    Mineral white m235i manual

are the pads on their way out?
    Tech2 Diagnostics
    Cruise control, Radio programming, Display Programming, Anti Hijack, Check Control In the West Midlands. PM for Info

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by andy_vxr237 View Post
      everytime i break im getting alot of brake squealing. is this normal on the astra vxr?
      mine started to do for a couple of day's never done it befor had it .. over a year but now has stoped
      i think it must be somthing just geting inbetween the disc's and pads.. will go away
      ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

New pads and disks in february, only done a few k since. been like this since new.
        Arden Astra VXR
        Black e92 320d
        Silver e92 335d
        Blue e92 m3 dct competition pack
        Mineral white m235i manual

Comment

check the backing plates at the rear of the disc arn't touching the disc, if they are shove a screwdriver in and make a gap of around 10mm. Stops squeaking instantly. Though vxr brakes tend to squeak a lil anyway when they get hot. I don't no the reasons for this.
          Last edited by MattieB29; 15 August 2010, 12:01 AM.
          sigpic
          Rest-In-Peace 'James Tierney' 18.9.1991 - 16.10.2010
          Rest-In-Paradise Angel, 'Kirsty Malin' 5.12.1990 - 21.8.2010
          "Out The Way 4|2 Commando RM Taliban Hunter VXR Coming Through"

Comment

also check the pads have a chamfer on the leading edge. as a flat edge can cause a squeek. if it doesnt make one with a file.

Comment

This used happen years back and what people and garages used to do was put copper slip on the back of the pads [the side's that touch the piston's] this will help to stop them squealling.
              If I remember correctly the small gap around the pads and the pressure of the piston
              when braking makes the pads chatter which gives you the sqealing sound.
              Or it could be as already suggested you need to change the pads again ?
              Best have a look at them and then you will have a better idea.
              Good luck
              Would like to do more,

Milltek cat back, Whiteline RARB, Cruise Control, Light & Sight Pack, Parrot Blue Tooth Hands free Phone Connection & both rear fog lights working

Comment

Working...
              X