This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP and EML

ive just had my car serviced today and after having it done an got home i went for a drive an after a while my esp light and eml came on so did the 2 pedal test an came up with this

B1006 control device to replace C-002

couple of questions

1. are they linked?
    2. what needs replacing?
    3. my car has suddenly become juddery at low speeds why?

could it have anything to do with the fact i have a cdti box (long shot i know)
    2008 Black Shaphire Astra VXR Ko6 Hybrid Turbo, Airtec Stage 2 Cooler, Piper 3" Decat and Resonated, CDTi Airbox, Bilstein B8's with Eibach Sportline Springs, Whiteline Rear Anti Roll Bar, Wavetrac Diff, Ksport 356mm Brakes, 18" Revolution Milleniums and lots more

Don't know what the codes are but could be your afm
    sigpic

Comment

This seemes to be happening more, when a car goes in for service / repair it comes out with fault codes.

Im not having a go at the service depts but it seems odd a car goes in OK but comes out with fault codes, coincidence or what ?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by miniman View Post
        This seemes to be happening more, when a car goes in for service / repair it comes out with fault codes.

Im not having a go at the service depts but it seems odd a car goes in OK but comes out with fault codes, coincidence or what ?
        Could it be that as part of the service parts are replaced and this sends
        everything haywire as the ecu doesn't regonise the sharp difference
        between knackered and block parts [reduced air flows etc]
        and new parts full air flow etc?
        Just a thought.
        did the car settle down after ?
        See what happens after it's been sat for a while and then take it for a spin and see what happens it may correct itself or not if I'm wrong ?
        Would like to do more,

Milltek cat back, Whiteline RARB, Cruise Control, Light & Sight Pack, Parrot Blue Tooth Hands free Phone Connection & both rear fog lights working

Comment

Originally posted by Bronze View Post
          Just a thought.
          See what happens after it's been sat for a while and then take it for a spin and see what happens it may correct itself or not if I'm wrong ?
          His car is 2008 (mileage unknown) possibly second service ?

So what would have been changed to confuse the ecu ?

OP can you help ?
          sigpic

Comment

Hee haw would have been changed in the first service apart from usual filters etc
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by miniman View Post
              His car is 2008 (mileage unknown) possibly second service ?yes second service, just over 12k

So what would have been changed to confuse the ecu ? sorry but forgot one thing, they aparently did a brake fluid change if that would make any diference

OP can you help ?
              thanks
              Last edited by Michaelh; 15 August 2010, 12:09 PM.
              2008 Black Shaphire Astra VXR Ko6 Hybrid Turbo, Airtec Stage 2 Cooler, Piper 3" Decat and Resonated, CDTi Airbox, Bilstein B8's with Eibach Sportline Springs, Whiteline Rear Anti Roll Bar, Wavetrac Diff, Ksport 356mm Brakes, 18" Revolution Milleniums and lots more

Comment

Originally posted by Bronze View Post
                Just a thought.
                right well i left it over night, i thought that as i had the old air box on for the service (warrenty) i put it back on to see if it was any better. so did this then strted it up all seemed fine, then... while it was still idling on my drive the revs dropped right off as if it was going to stall then came back up again and the eml light was on and the ESP light is on again, i havent tried driving it as i dont want to know what damage has/is being done.

Comment

Working...
                X