This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Its Back With Avengance, Fault Code After Service

Some of you may remember I had a fault code when I came out of my second service back in may.

Fault code was
    P1243 turbocharger bypass solenoid valve voltage too large C-033
    P1243 turbocharger bypass solenoid valve voltage too small C-033
    P1243 turbocharger bypass solenoid valve open circuit C-033
    P1243 turbocharger bypass valve not in the target area C-033

Link to the thread here....

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=93536

It went back 3 times without them finding a problem with it and basically sending me on my way, I thought I had fixed it while cleaning the map sensor.

BUT....

It is back and worse than eva.

I know have a new code, I cant remember the number but my ******* says Boost Sensor Failed/Range.

Car has been spluttering for the last couple of days, and thought oh here we go again, Went out last night down southend and its completly died, Car is now in limp home mode, with the spanner/car symbol on and I cant rev higher than 3k and max speed of about 40mph. I wasnt the most favourite person on the way home last night, had all the racers and cruises giving me wonderful hand gestures as they drove past me

Any ideas? Seriously ****** off now, poxy toomeys vauxhall in basildon!!
    Last edited by Phatashki; 15 August 2010, 11:01 AM.

new bcs maybe Ash?

edit or maybe new map sensor
    2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

Mate, i feel ya.
      I dealt with sycamores of vauxhall in stamford near peterborough. Inititally went in with the emissions light on and later found out that its something to do with the sports cat on the remus which came with the burg (nothing to worry bout). Well it was running perfectly, loads of boost and loads of torque through out the rev range before it went in but they said it needed a new ecu and fitted it under warrenty. Now it runs like a non turbo. Got the same fault code as you aswell as the emissions light. Been in the same garage since then cos it had no torque at all and they told me the ecu had a dodgy connection. I would avoid vauxhall garages. Im gonna try thorney vaux because they have a great name for themselves (family business that do warrenty work on vaux's). If ya live an where near milton keynes, i would try it. Good rep from what i understand.

Hope you get it sorted. Nothing worse than having an awesome car that drives like a bag of s&%t.

Comment

Sorry to hear this again Ash, didnt know you had limp on way home mate, anyways try the VX place in Bromley where perrys car goes cant remember the name but im sure he knows what its called mate
        sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

Sorry dude haven't completely read your other thread, you could potentially have a pinhole a vacuum pipe or perhaps a small hole in your recirc valve.
          | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Feel a complete tool, Left the car all day yesterday as was decorating and thought i'd give it a go about 6 in the evening, It worked fine.

The light is still on the dash but I assume that is because I havn't cleared it yet, But no limp home mode. Went out thi afternoon to and is all fine.

Ill get the laptop out to the car tomoz evening and clear the code and see if it stays out.

The culprit . . . . . After washing my car saturday night before the southend cruise, I had a sudden thought of getting rid of my badgless grill and replace it with the OE V grill. In doing so, I hadnt dried the car yet and when lifting the bonnet all the water on the bonnet poured on the afm next to the airbox and completely drowned it.

I hadnt thought any thing of it, untill last night and the only thing I can think of is it dried out over the course of the day and its now fine.

As I said ill clear the code off tomoz and then will see how it goes before screaming to vx.

Oh Worky, To sort the original problem, Vx had coated my map sensor in oil. Once I cleaned it and it was sorted.

Comment

Hopefully that is you sorted then
              | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Originally posted by Phatashki View Post
                Feel a complete tool, Left the car all day yesterday as was decorating and thought i'd give it a go about 6 in the evening, It worked fine.

The light is still on the dash but I assume that is because I havn't cleared it yet, But no limp home mode. Went out thi afternoon to and is all fine.

Ill get the laptop out to the car tomoz evening and clear the code and see if it stays out.

The culprit . . . . . After washing my car saturday night before the southend cruise, I had a sudden thought of getting rid of my badgless grill and replace it with the OE V grill. In doing so, I hadnt dried the car yet and when lifting the bonnet all the water on the bonnet poured on the afm next to the airbox and completely drowned it.

I hadnt thought any thing of it, untill last night and the only thing I can think of is it dried out over the course of the day and its now fine.

As I said ill clear the code off tomoz and then will see how it goes before screaming to vx.

Oh Worky, To sort the original problem, Vx had coated my map sensor in oil. Once I cleaned it and it was sorted.
                these things come to test us ! i think everybody has there own little nightmare issues . At the mo mines the front 2 alloys , got them powder coated for £160 which is expensive , they burnt the lacquer the first time , now im driving around with what looks like rs white

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...d.php?t=100892

Comment

Working...
                X