This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• black bodywork bits

as it says i would like to change the crap chrome bits on my astra to match the black paint. Anyone know where to get any from? These would include both the boot strip and the strips below the side windows.

I think folk have just painted their own. I could be wrong though....

Comment

Originally posted by Stanners View Post
      I think folk have just painted their own. I could be wrong though....
      cant paint the chrome ones

Comment

Originally posted by Dan_Measham_vxr View Post
        cant paint the chrome ones
        you can m8 just take them off and paint urself...
        ..... gone but not forgotten.....

Auto Repair:All mechanical and bodywork carried out,services and diagnostics.....

Comment

been told you cant, where can i get axact paint for them to mach my black saphire paint work?

Comment

you have to score the crome for the paint to stick mate

or PM brokenpencil he does vinyl for the window strips, not sure about bootstrip though

or for professional painting PM leelee, he does it by post and his work is top notch
            Insignia SRi VX-Line RED
            ^^Click here to see it^^

Comment

been told you cant, where can i get axact paint for them to mach my black saphire paint work?
              leelee.lol
              Insignia SRi VX-Line RED
              ^^Click here to see it^^

Comment

iv got a paint shop at work which will probably cost me some brew kit for them to get it done, ill ask at work tomorrow.

Comment

Most paint places will say you can't paint chrome. Just cause they can't be bothered with the prep work. You most certainly can paint chrome. I've done 4 boot strips including my own and also plaenty of fog surround for people as well as my rear diffuser and also my roof strips too. As said as long at the chrome is really well sanded down with very rough sandpaper, around 60-100 grade, as the chrome is very hard to sand down. Then you can buy some Plastic Etch Primer, which attaches itself to the chrome parts very well indeed. Then its just a case of painting a layer at a time and giving a very light rub down between coats with 2000 wet and dry (very lightly just to dull the surface a bit) Then the lacquer will give the full shine you need

James

sigpic
                  MY14 Corsa Burg, "REX" , Burg #452

Comment

ill have a go, where can i get the paint from?

Comment

how do i get the window strips of and the boot one?

Comment

Either halfords or online mate. Online has more selection of primers to pick from

I did a black sapphire bootstrip for a member a month ago, and it came out really well.

The window strips are done on the car, you can buy a kit from a guy on here with pre cut strips to cover the chrome, looks great too :0 The bootstrip is held on with 4 bolts from inside the boottrim. So that needs to be popped of then undo the bolts to remove the strip. Then the handle and boot popper needs to be removed from the strip but that just pops out.

James

sigpic

Comment

ill have a go, where can i get the paint from?
                          Halfrauds
                          ....................................sigpic.................................

..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

Comment

The window strips are done on the car

that dont seem good. id rather get them of and do them of the car

Comment

oh right, well the window strips aren't painted they are just covered with black or carbon vinyl. Thats what everyone does. The front ones come off but the rear window chrome strips cannot be removed unless you take the whole window out.

James

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X