Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magnex Astra VXR - details & price

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Magnex Astra VXR - details & price

    Given the requests for more information on the forum...
    Our system consists of:
    High flow downpipe that replaces the pre-cat.
    Retains OE catalyst (yes we can produce equivelent power WITHOUT A SPORTS CAT!)
    Resonated centre section.
    Rear part system with silencer & tri oval tail trim.
    All the above in T304 stainless - 63mm tubing
    Estimated RRP £599.99

  • #2
    Hi John,
    I've read recently that Miltek are releasing an exhaust for the CDTI, is this something Magnex is looking at??
    Andrew

    Comment


    • #3
      John,
      Do you have a dealer listing.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Andrew888
        Hi John,
        I've read recently that Miltek are releasing an exhaust for the CDTI, is this something Magnex is looking at??
        Andrew
        Yep - on the radar this one for sure (I'm a BIG fan of performance diesels myself!)
        More details to follow...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Catherine
          John,
          Do you have a dealer listing.
          Which town do you live in / near?
          I'll post the nearest to you tomorrow Catherine
          All the best
          John

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Magnex John
            Originally posted by Andrew888
            Hi John,
            I've read recently that Miltek are releasing an exhaust for the CDTI, is this something Magnex is looking at??
            Andrew
            Yep - on the radar this one for sure (I'm a BIG fan of performance diesels myself!)
            More details to follow...
            Cheers John

            Comment


            • #7
              any near belfast as a matter of interest?

              Comment


              • #8
                Estimated RRP £599.99...*falls off chair* nice one...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Swindon/Bristol/Bath

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Half the price of another system...
                    With marginally less gains (won't be noticable, esp after a remap).
                    Interesting stuff. Good to see a more competitive "normal" price (im NOT doubting any other systems quality and performance, just the price ).
                    So, whens my free one being delivered as a current Magnex owner :wink:
                    Wonder which Exhaust company next will add a tailpipe to the VXR range.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Prices

                      I have been watching this forum with interest and I have to ask the question after having a price of nearly £1300 from my local Vauxhall dealer for the approved Vauxhall system ,surely the Magnex system is much better value, I would expect twice the increase from the system that is twice as much.
                      Confusing really. Im not sure Vauxhall have got it right really.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Daimo
                        Half the price of another system...
                        With marginally less gains (won't be noticable, esp after a remap).
                        Interesting stuff. Good to see a more competitive "normal" price (im NOT doubting any other systems quality and performance, just the price ).
                        So, whens my free one being delivered as a current Magnex
                        owner :wink:
                        Wonder which Exhaust company next will add a tailpipe to the VXR range.
                        Would'nt like to "taint" your opinion with a free system Daimo, so Im afraid I could'nt possibly oblige
                        Look on the bright side though...you could eat out every night for a month on what you'd save!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Not to jump on someone elses pricing thread (not really fair) but on the price please compare like for like.
                          The MIlltek for £1150 includes a 200 cell race cat the Magnex doesn't. If you delete the race cat from the Milltek then its £673 incl VAT.
                          The issue here is whether the race cats work, we say it does Magnex say its doens't although they haven't actually tested one with a race cat yet.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Thorney
                            Not to jump on someone elses pricing thread (not really fair) but on the price please compare like for like.
                            The MIlltek for £1150 includes a 200 cell race cat the Magnex doesn't. If you delete the race cat from the Milltek then its £673 incl VAT.
                            The issue here is whether the race cats work, we say it does Magnex say its doens't although they haven't actually tested one with a race cat yet.
                            Nope - Thorney sell the Milltek cat back system for £449.99 and freely admit that they make no power claims for the installation of this part over standard.
                            Magnex sell's the high flow downpipe & cat back system - retaining OE cats for £599.99, which produces power equivelent to that which Thorney/Milltek claim.
                            A high flow cat may well give additional power increases when combined with a re-map...how much V/S £££s spent remains to be seen.
                            Given your "extensive multiple car testing" john would you care to tell the world how much extra power the "racing" cat produces over the O/E cat when coupled with a re-map (superchips?)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              magnex John your turned into a broken record now mate
                              give us all a break and let you system do the talking !

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X