This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EDS inlet manifold

Hi guys. First of all big thanks to the guys for sorting out thre group buy.

spoke to karen on friday who told me that they would be posted monday for a tuesday wednesday delivery. so i went and collected mine yesterday

first impressions is good and the route of flow is so simple when compaired with the stock item, casting quality is also very nice.

so got back home at around 2pm and started fitting the manifold, very easy to fit and had no problems untill it came to the top hat, i had assumed my samco hoses were enlarged but oviously not and wouldnt fit around the massive top hat. no issues as we reverted back to stock top hat and will call regal in the morning and order a large power pipe.

first impression of the manifold performance are a little disapointing gains, if any, are very minimal, however they do alow the car to rev alot more freely.

The problem is this is a bit of a foundation mod for me, my car is curently stage 3+ but with no software on it at the current time.

will report back at the end of month when i get the GT2871 and few other goodies on

Last edited by arden_blue_vxr; 15 August 2010, 02:48 PM.

Software will be what is hurting you chap, once you start firing through larger volumes of air you will be able to notice a difference based on graphs I have saw to date.
    | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Yep, as worky said, will be completely different once it's mapped for it all.

Make sure you keep us updated And good to hear it's easy to fit, that was my biggest worry.
      sigpic

EDS Inlet Manifold, Thermal Gasket, EDS Inlet Cam, EVOMS Diverter Valve, Forge FMIC, Quaife ATB, Custom 3" Turbo Back, Whiteline RARB, Uprated FARB, AP Racing Brakes, Percy CDTi Airbox Conversion, Oil Breather Box, Dap-r Springs, Bilstein B8's, CS Brake Cooling Ducts, Cool Running Thermo, CS Uprated Radiator

Comment

deffo need it mapping to run to its full hummmmf
        my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Glad you got it and happy with it mate.

Get the map tweaked and im sure youll be impressed with the gains

Comment

So does it rev and drop revs quicker now then >?

Is it to late to get in on the GB ?

Comment

Originally posted by A2ON View Post

think they only got 9 names.
              my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Originally posted by A2ON View Post

No mate i dont think so.

Ring Regal on monday and let them know you want one on the GB and see what they can do

Comment

You havent got a pic of the stock inlet manifold have you side by side just to see it comparitively?

Comment

Originally posted by CrYsB View Post
                    You havent got a pic of the stock inlet manifold have you side by side just to see it comparitively?
                    here you go , also the EDS inlet is over half the weight of the oe one at just over 2kg where as the oe one is 4.5kg.

Project J is here Carbon Parts for Astra J Or vectra vxr brake conversions to astra/corsa please PM

Comment

Spot on that man! I wasnt expecting it to be half the size!
                      So many questions are trying to formulate in my mind. Im no engineer but can anyone shed light onto the flow mechanics of the differences between them? I know the runners are more equal on the EDS one but the OE looks like a cast squid with a large chamber?

Comment

I think the runners on the standard manifold are also equal length. The main difference is that the long runners tend to increase bottom end torque but restrict horsepower as the air has to be forced around the bends and down the long pipes.
                        The short runners will loose some bottom end torque but you can get some of that back with ignition map tweaks and the turbo can take care of the rest!

Comment

its shocking looking at this compaired to stock, pulls alot strong at the top end and dulls down the low down power a bit which the vxr rely needed as it helps traction alot.

i just think its great that the vxr tuning scene is progessing. all these little goodies are finally let us catch up with those ford boys in the modding scene

Comment

Working...
                          X