This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help

As some on you may know i recently changed the colour of my wheels .

Now since doing that i am totally in love with the look however i get the slight feeling it looks unfinished .

The chrome on the windows will get done this week in carbon from broken pencil but ..

The big thing that bugs me is the rear boot strip now looks silly so i will be getting this done the same colour as the wheels .

Good idea ?

Also do you then think that will look silly so should i go the hole hog and get the boot strip , mirrors and diffueser done ??

Please ehlp and let me know what you think . Car is all booked in for tuesday so need to decide .

any pics of your motors welcome to
    Last edited by A2ON; 15 August 2010, 04:36 PM.

How it looks now

Comment

Def get the bootstrip done, the chrome really does look tacky as hell on the VXR's .... damn vauxhall ..... I mean chrome on a performance hatch

I am sure someone on here has an Arden VXR with a gun metal grey bootstrip. Can't remember who it was though. Have a search through the members car section. It does look good

James

sigpic
      MY14 Corsa Burg, "REX" , Burg #452

Comment

Diffuser and mirrors too ???

Comment

Can't remember, think it might have had yeah

I am not a fan of the mirrors personally. but try the bootstrip first. Then maybe see about getting a photoshop of the diffuser done the same colour and decide from there

James

sigpic

Comment

Ok boot strip off and ready to be dropped to body shop .

Hit a slight snag though when trying to get the handel out ! craked the surround that holds the handel in im sure it can be plastic bonded .

See the small crack ?

Comment

Oh right, should be fine to bond or use super glue to repair. Its normally the switch holder thats a nightmare as the switch sometimes gets stuck solid.

James

sigpic

Comment

Why not just coloured code the strip the same as your car. I've got my car booked in for gun-metal wheels and boot strip done. I had the same problem on deciding the colour. I think i'm going colour coded tho!

Comment

luks very nice fella, if it was me...

blue boot strip.....black the chrome off....smoke repeaters....

Comment

Originally posted by Vxr Jase View Post
                    luks very nice fella, if it was me...

blue boot strip.....black the chrome off....smoke repeaters....
                    Im having this argument with the missus

I say arden blue for the strip

She says the same colour as the wheels when i ask her why she says so they match and she thinks i need something else the colour of the wheels ???

Arggg i dont know what to do

On a seperate note is it ok to drive the car like that with no strip on , are there any security issues .?

Comment

No security issues at all mate, just remember and leave the switch taped to the outside ofthe bootlid, otherwise you'll have to open the boot via through the back seats . I drove for 2 days with no diffuser on my car, just stuck the numberplate to the bit of the bumper that was still left

James

sigpic

Comment

Just droped the strip off at the body shop so should be ready Tuesday evening .

He can fix the split which is good .

Decided to go same colour as wheels , missus always right lol

Comment

i had the same issue as well m8, but mines red. i went for colour coded boot strip black wheels black wing mirrors but there different to what av seen on ere and also black roof n black on top of the spoiler, next weekend am putin black bits in the diffuser, am not going totally black, cant explain it really jus av show u a pic once done
                          sigpic
                          Progress Thread
                          http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...04#post1982104
                          WANTED:
                          SMD, LSD, CDTI, RARB......Poss hybrid in the future

Comment

Originally posted by AstraVXR_Red View Post
                            i had the same issue as well m8, but mines red. i went for colour coded boot strip black wheels black wing mirrors but there different to what av seen on ere and also black roof n black on top of the spoiler, next weekend am putin black bits in the diffuser, am not going totally black, cant explain it really jus av show u a pic once done
                            ok mate cool

Comment

Working...
                            X