This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intercooler fitting problems

Hi, I've just bought a TX Autosport FMIC as it seems many other on here have got. But fitting it hasn't gone as I hoped . I have xenon headlights, meaning i have headlight washers. I don't know if it's just me, but i can't get the washer bottle back in as well as the pipe work for the new intercooler. Does anyone know if non-xenon models have a different washer bottle? Or has anyone come across this problem before?

I have managed to fit everything for a test run (without the washer bottle located properly) it is still pushing against the bumper more than i'd have liked. Then on first test run a boost pipe popped off and again later last nite . Got myself under the bonnet again and give it all a good tighten this morning tho, so hopely no more pipe problems!

Thanks

I believe non-xenon models water bottle is smaller,

Comment

Thought as much

I might have to fit a non-xenon bottle then and sacrifice the headlight washers...

Comment

if you remove the washers then you car wont pass its MOT as its a requirement
        Tech2 Diagnostics
        Cruise control, Radio programming, Display Programming, Anti Hijack, Check Control In the West Midlands. PM for Info

sigpic

Comment

You can remove the washer tank for a non xenon one, The only reason it is larger is so it lasts a little longer because your using up more with the head light washers.

If you use the smaller one you may just need to fill it up more.

Comment

I don't know if the washer bottle is different or not but it was a squeeze on mine (non xenon), but I was able to fit it without removing the washer bottle, would a smaller bottle not still work with the headlamp washers?
            Stage 3 Arden Astra gone
            Stage 2 burg

....................Arden Astra .....................
            Airtec Fmic/tophat/direct route/miltek/weight reduction/RnD mapped

Comment

I had been told that for MOT headlight washers have to be fitted to a car with xenons, but are not tested if they work. Kind of a loop hole i guess... Anyone know anything about this?

My washer bottle has all the pipes that connect to the headlight washers and some kind of motor or something right where the pipe needs to go for the intercooler.

I'm pretty sure the smaller bottle wont have the setup for headlight washers, which i'm not too bothered about, unless it with affect a MOT...

Comment

This might be a stupid idea I don't know but isn't the washer bottle on a bracket with flexable hoses running to it? Is there anywhere you could relocate it to? Still that could make loads of hassle!
                Stage 3 Arden Astra gone
                Stage 2 burg

....................Arden Astra .....................
                Airtec Fmic/tophat/direct route/miltek/weight reduction/RnD mapped

Comment

as ash said i think the only difference in the bottles is the size pretty sure they still only use one pump even with headlamp washers fitted (looks this way on epc anyway)
                  2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

The wiper bottle for the xenon headlights is considerably bigger (approx twice the size), iirc the standard one is 2.2l and the xenon one is around 4l. Try fitting the smaller washer bottle and see if that helps.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I think i'm going to try and get myself the smaller washer bottle as the xenon one is big and i can't see anyway to relocate it. A friend of mine thinks that the headlight washer are a requirement to be fitted from new on cars with xenons, but are not checked on MOT

Comment

Originally posted by Phatashki View Post
                        You can remove the washer tank for a non xenon one, The only reason it is larger is so it lasts a little longer because your using up more with the head light washers.

If you use the smaller one you may just need to fill it up more.
                        I havnt got my EPC on this computer , but doesnt the larger water bottle also house the second pump for the headlight washers??
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by soosie
                        Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
                        Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

Comment

Originally posted by Cerberus View Post
                          I havnt got my EPC on this computer , but doesnt the larger water bottle also house the second pump for the headlight washers??
                          Not sure to be honest, I've only read on here that it can be done,

Vauxtillidie seems to think there is one pump but i dont have epc

Originally posted by Vauxtillidie View Post
                          as ash said i think the only difference in the bottles is the size pretty sure they still only use one pump even with headlamp washers fitted (looks this way on epc anyway)

Comment

Originally posted by Phatashki View Post
                            Not sure to be honest, I've only read on here that it can be done,

Vauxtillidie seems to think there is one pump but i dont have epc
                            just had a look at some guides to fitting headlamp washers and seems there is 2 pumps so fitting non xenon washer bottle wont work
                            2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

Was gonna say it would have 2 be 2 pumps as the washers only activate when lights are on and screen wash is used
                              sigpic
                              Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
                              Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

Comment

Working...
                              X