This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piper vs Remus, that much difference?

I have recently had a stage 3 on my car pushing it upto 291 hp and 350 torque, I have everything courtenay has plus more for the stage 3 Inc a full Remus.
    Now my friend has a full piper exhaust with no map and he near enough keeps up with me.
    I'm seriously thinking now is it even worth the niegh on 4k that I have spent on the car.
    Or my other theory is the piper rely that much better?
    Or should I change maps, maybe EDS in Germany as that's where I am now.
    I just wanted to here your opinions on the matter

nope the piper took me to 300bhp from 292bhp with the remus

Comment

Save your money, if you had everthing done by Courts. Changing items may increase bhp but with a high outlay for the new exhaust.

Surprised how a standard car with remus can keep up with you, as it probably running at least 35bhp lower.

Comment

Doesn't remus give more torque? Seems a point when tuning that you come. A point then torque drops but bhp goes up I think its best at that max torque point myself
        Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

Originally posted by vr55vxr View Post
          Save your money, if you had everthing done by Courts. Changing items may increase bhp but with a high outlay for the new exhaust.

Surprised how a standard car with remus can keep up with you, as it probably running at least 35bhp lower.
          as said are you sure it's standard and mine is all courts as well

Comment

stage 3 and 291bhp? isnt that a tad low?

Comment

Originally posted by B17BLG View Post
              no not for a courts tuned car about bang on

Comment

100 percent standard, he is a very good friend and he is on here too.
                im seriously thinking of getting the piper.

Comment

Originally posted by B17BLG View Post
                  this is how most courts turn out as i have been looking through here.

Comment

When your mates keeping up with you, what sort of speeds are we talking about? Double figures or triple figures? I've found that my standard Astra can keep up with my brothers stage 3 to a certain speed, albeit dropping back slightly, then his car just peels away and disappears. The effect is even greater uphill where I don't stand a chance. Perhaps you should ask your mate for a drag up a hill?

Before he got his LSD and brakes, my old Corsa VXR could stick with him on short blasts, but once he was on a long enough straight it was game over.

Don't worry, your stage 3 is better than a standard car with a zorst.
                    sigpic
                    Astra VXR | VXRacing Edition No 265 | Bluetooth | Cruise Control
                    TMS Stage 2 map, Milltek, Bilstein B14 coilovers, Quaife LSD and AP Racing 4 pots.

Comment

Originally posted by vr55vxr View Post

what do you mean "high outlay"

Comment

Originally posted by price9000 View Post
                        100 percent standard, he is a very good friend and he is on here too.
                        im seriously thinking of getting the piper.
                        do wot i did sold my remus then got the piper for about £250

Comment

Originally posted by DavidVXR View Post
                          When your mates keeping up with you, what sort of speeds are we talking about? Double figures or triple figures? I've found that my standard Astra can keep up with my brothers stage 3 to a certain speed, albeit dropping back slightly, then his car just peels away and disappears. The effect is even greater uphill where I don't stand a chance. Perhaps you should ask your mate for a drag up a hill?

Before he got his LSD and brakes, my old Corsa VXR could stick with him on short blasts, but once he was on a long enough straight it was game over.

Don't worry, your stage 3 is better than a standard car with a zorst.
                          well we haven't been on the autobahn or motorway, but from traffic lights all the way through a good 5km duel carriageway so i would say low triple figures.
                          thanks for all of your help it think in time i will get a piper(one silencer) unless somone wants to swap in germany

Comment

Originally posted by price9000 View Post
                            what do you mean "high outlay"
                            If you are talking about changing your exhaust to piper, this is around £900 but you will around £400 selling your remus. Not sure of price of EDS map but around £450.

So you are looking at spending 1k just because you are chasing figures. It is your money, so you can do what you want

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmark View Post
                              do wot i did sold my remus then got the piper for about £250
                              i think that is what i will do in time mate. thanks for your advice

Comment

Working...
                              X