This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of fuel?

Might sound a silly question, but what fuel should i be using, unleaded or optimax/ultimate. Don't come back with diesel as it is not an 888, its a VXR.
    I'm running unleaded as dealer told me this is ok, and thats what they put in, but i now think i should be running diffrent type. Will using unleaded give me more mpg, as i currently get 400 a tank, and giving it some stick, but most of you seem to be getting 250-300 ish.

Damn, I've just posted a response in the other thread!!!
    Give Optimax a try and see what you think.
    I've got to admit that 400 doesn't seem right imo. I only wish I could get that! You could check with your dealer that the car is running right. They might think it a big strange getting asked to check a car because it's doing too many miles to the tank but then no one can get near that (unless on a long motorway run at 70 I would guess).
    Do you know any other VXR owners near by? Would be interesting to run a little performance comparsion. I know one person had a under boosting turbo from factory. I don't know how this would affect the MPG though. Certainly would make the car feel slower!
    Anyway, let us know how you get on.

Comment

Thanks again Ian, just like to keep you running around the forum.
      I'm at Thorney on 17 july, will ask Jon to check this for me, but runs great. As yet (touching a lot of wood) nobody has beat me yet, i just leave them in my mirror. Its so much fun

Comment

Well John will certainly be able to help.
        If it turns out your car is fine then I (and I'm sure others) will want to know more!. Just to get 350 miles would be good!!
        How far do you rev it when giving it the beans? What speed do you sit at on the motorway?

Comment

I drive a sri 150 diesel for work and I cant even get 350 to a tank in that....

Comment

on motorways i sit between 90 & 100, and every so often push to 120ish, but i don't go on the motorway that often, i live in the Yorkshire Dales, nothing but country roads and SHEEP!
            I have all my fun on this type of road. I use my gears for breaks and brake only if i have to, but shifting up and down most of the time. I don't look at the revs cos of the roads, i just use my hearing to know when to change. I will try to look at the revs to see what im doing ( if poss) but i'm driving it harder than my 2.0 turbo sri which i had before the VXR and that did less than im getting now, but the VXR is much quicker. Really strange

Comment

Well, don't understand how you manage 400 miles a tank then!
              Hmmm....just had a thought and googled...
              400 kilometers = 248.548477 miles
              Could that be why?!! Can you check your settings to make sure it is displaying miles rather than kms!!!!
              Ooooo....that would be sooo funny if I'm right!!! lol
              Edit: I've just thought...I've assumed you're getting the mileage from the trip computer and resetting when you fill up? If it's from the digital display thru the steering wheel then that's correct. I hope it's the trip computer - would explain it!

Comment

Hey mate i must say the Shell optimax is the best around but also the BP
                ultimate is not bad!

Comment

Am finding the tesco 99ron very good at the moment

Comment

Working...
                  X