This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cool running thermostat???

anyone got one? and what difference does it make and is it worth it??? cheers.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Originally posted by w20adm View Post
    A few people have them,

It allows water thru to the radiator at a lower temperature (approx 10 degrees) where it can get cooled by your car moving. It will keep the temperature of the water lower, except when you car is stationary as they is no air flow to cool the water.

Another benefit is that your fan should not come on that often, as this is programmed to come on at a certain temperature.
    Last edited by vr55vxr; 17 August 2010, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vr55vxr View Post
      I few people have them,

It allows water thru to the radiator at a lower temperature (approx 10 degrees) where it can get cooled by your car moving. It will keep the temperature of the water lower, except when you car is stationary as they is no air flow to cool the water.

Another benefit is that your fan should not come on that often, as this is programmed to come on at a certain temperature.
      would you say its a worthwhile purchase???
      W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
      http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Comment

I have one in mine and never had any real temp issues out on the track, even in the australian summer.
        sigpic

EDS Inlet Manifold, Thermal Gasket, EDS Inlet Cam, EVOMS Diverter Valve, Forge FMIC, Quaife ATB, Custom 3" Turbo Back, Whiteline RARB, Uprated FARB, AP Racing Brakes, Percy CDTi Airbox Conversion, Oil Breather Box, Dap-r Springs, Bilstein B8's, CS Brake Cooling Ducts, Cool Running Thermo, CS Uprated Radiator

Comment

i was thinking on getting this too

Comment

iv been thinking of getting one but was told where they open early the car struggles to get to temp in the winter is this true?
            sigpic
            courts stage 3 297bhp 343ft/lbs

vxr gone onwards an upwards

Comment

think I need one my car is always in the 90s
              sigpic

Comment

i have one on my car and it warms up sooner than orig unit

Comment

Again another mods which is cheap and will help keep temps down for the money may aswell

I have onesee my sig

Comment

got one would reccommend one,anything that reduces engine fatigue is a winner in my book

Comment

great i got one, bargin too. helps keep temps down.

Comment

Originally posted by jim610 View Post
                        iv been thinking of getting one but was told where they open early the car struggles to get to temp in the winter is this true?

No lol
                        courtenays now do 2 cool stats with my air con removed my car runs at 80 so now getting the slighty hotter one.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Anyone had any problems with these? had one fitted on my other car and ruined performance as was opening before engine got to optimum operating temperature.

Russ

Comment

Originally posted by w20adm View Post
                            I'll answer with a question if I may.....

Have you monitored your current temperatures ?
                            sigpic

Comment

had no problem with mine had it fitted for about 1 year

Comment

Working...
                              X