X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• group buy for hybrid turbo?

well i sent an email to these guys and i got this reply:

Hi Dan

We can upgrade your turbo to our 330HP production hybrid for the VXR as used by Bo Neilson in his time attack VXR. Our production hybrid is the ultimate direct bolt on and offers unrivalled performance assuming you want a quick track car as opposed to chasing horse power numbers. The price to upgrade your turbo assuming the turbine housing/manifold is in a fit condition and not warped/cracked is £742.00+vat each. We can offer 15% discount on an order of 3 or more units for upgrade, 20% for 5+.

Best regards

Andy Taylor
    Managing Director

AET Engineering Ltd

so anyone interested in getting one? basically we will get a hybrid turbo for 500quid if more than 5 of us get one?

Surely you mean £700?

Comment

£697.48 if over 5
      Corsa Has Left The Building

Comment

thats a good discount , nicely done
        sigpic
        Originally posted by soosie
        Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
        Originally posted by soosie
        Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

Comment

Originally posted by Dan_Measham_vxr View Post
          well i sent an email to these guys and i got this reply:

Hi Dan

We can upgrade your turbo to our 330HP production hybrid for the VXR as used by Bo Neilson in his time attack VXR. Our production hybrid is the ultimate direct bolt on and offers unrivalled performance assuming you want a quick track car as opposed to chasing horse power numbers. The price to upgrade your turbo assuming the turbine housing/manifold is in a fit condition and not warped/cracked is £742.00+vat each. We can offer 15% discount on an order of 3 or more units for upgrade, 20% for 5+.

Best regards

Andy Taylor
          Managing Director

AET Engineering Ltd

so anyone interested in getting one? basically we will get a hybrid turbo for 500quid if more than 5 of us get one?

think you are not adding the VAT matey would be good if we could get them at that price (£500)

but i get it at this ....£742 + 17.5 % VAT = £871.85 .... £871.85 - 20% = £697.48

should see how much they will give if say 7 or more 10 or more even 15 or more you just never now mate

kind regards paul
          ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

I could be up for this!

Who's going to map the car though to suit the new turbo??

This would be something we should be looking at before buying as theres a set time to return your old unit or the surcharge applies...

Comment

if you have eds then you can use regal, mpg etc, an i sure you can get the map on the ipf unit.

could be an idea to put it on other forums to get more people intersted coz if you get 10 you may get better discount....
              my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

i thought the price was with vat. yea ill email again tomorow and see what we can get for 15 units. Im having a coustom remap to suit this if i have it, i already enquired about the remap before the turbo. Spoken to a pal who had a hybrid to similar spec on has st, he was happy with the top end but said the mid range and pickup/lack of lag was amazing. but that was on a folus st so could be different all together. Ill deffo be having one regardless of a group buy but would like to get as many on it as i can. I would be looking to get it end of september just as my brakes will have worn in(k-sport group buy). so anyone interested at this stage?

Comment

if it was with VAT added then happy day's ....so if you can get it very very close to £500 i would 100% be up for it even give a deposit as waiting to pay for my brakes myself (wilwood group buy) so can only stretch to around £500 at the mo like you said mate..get a price for so many units at so much of a price and go from there

kind regard's paul
                  ''we do not quit modifying because we grow old,''

'' we grow old because we quit modifying ''

Comment

might be worth explaing wha would need to be done to make this "work" so to speak maps etc and what tunners would be ok to do it.

For example how would this perform on a non mapped car (standard)

Comment

MPG said its a plug and play no alterations needed. Well, to an EDS mapped car anyway

Comment

Originally posted by A2ON View Post
                        might be worth explaing wha would need to be done to make this "work" so to speak maps etc and what tunners would be ok to do it.

For example how would this perform on a non mapped car (standard)
                        hybrids are a deffinate no no on a standard map, however a stage 3 will work great giving better spoolup, mid range and top end. I think in a whole it will be a lot better all over the ref range.

Comment

I want a Hybrid turbo on my corsa
                          Corsa Has Left The Building

Comment

I'd be interestedin this , but not till october
                            sigpic

Arden Blue // Aero Pack // Blue Nappa leather Seats // Dual Zone Climate Control // Navi 600 // Rear Tints // Electric Folding Mirrors // Tire Pressure Monitoring System // Premium Lighting Pack // Rear Parking Sensors // Driving Assistance Pack

Comment

Originally posted by rosco.p View Post
                              I'd be interestedin this , but not till october
                              yea that fits in with me, order september ish and pay when it arives in october. so 2 of us then, ill also ask about a hybrid for a corsa aswell.

Comment

Working...
                              X