This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just back from MPG

After a full day down at Ian's place and nearly 2K lighter I had the Inlet cams fitted with the LSD and 315ps map, Also needed the CIM software update as mines been playing up every now and again.

Car with standard map, TX cooler, Remus, & Inlet cam = 257bhp 254lbft

Car with above + EDS 315ps map = 281bhp 330lbft

So the map added 23bhp

However, Ian said the Recirculation valve is the culprit, so i need to upgrade the OEM one.
    Dunno when im gonna get back down there though as im mad busy at work, i can see me getting cut knuckles.

I just hope it is only that as it's well lower than i expected

i hope it is that mate thats the problems or is the map pushing to much for the cooler?? just a thought

Comment

same car on same rollers with Dreamscience map 323.4 bhp 419lbft. Even if that figure is a little high, it demonstrates the coolers ability

Comment

yeh true mate .. didnt think, just a thought, well i hope that is the problem buddy

Comment

Is that st2 or st3 mate..
          ....................................sigpic.................................

..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

Comment

id be gutted with those numbers his reason is also a little silly aswell why put 1 315 map on a car knowing it wont make tat much diffrence surley he should have said it needed that part >?

Comment

Originally posted by vxr.paul View Post
              Is that st2 or st3 mate..
              It's the 315ps map paul, the one when you have uprated cams. Until i get the forge valve fitted im going to keep an open mind as its unfair to make comparisons. Its just a total bummer after looking forward to it for so long

Comment

that does see abit strange as the other week there was 3 guys from the site that had stage 2 maps all pulled around 280bhp 350lbft at mpg

Comment

Somethings definitely not right mate. From what iv read recently MPG are good so I wouldn't worry just trust what they say.

You should see much better figures than that and I'm sure you will bud

Fully loaded flame red VXR! 19's,AFLs,IDS,rear sensors,bluetooth, cruise control,climate control,full leather,heated seats, sat nav,cooled glove box,de-badged,eibach sportlines,REMUS,insignia jets,oil restrictor,K&N filter,red fogs & boot strip,carbon window strips & door pillars, black front badge & rear diffuser,RARB,LSD,CS stage 2

Comment

Originally posted by Dab_vxr View Post
                    It's the 315ps map paul, the one when you have uprated cams. Until i get the forge valve fitted im going to keep an open mind as its unfair to make comparisons. Its just a total bummer after looking forward to it for so long
                    Tbh mate figures are for pub talk it's about
                    how it drives. As long as your happy with
                    how it drives mate.

Comment

how it drives mate.
                      Yeah i totally agree m8....now wheres that guy that bought my DS?

Comment

Originally posted by Dab_vxr View Post
                        Yeah i totally agree m8....now wheres that guy that bought my DS?

Comment

how it drives mate.
                          i agree with you but when the guy has spent £2k and we all know he should be getting more, pub talk or not, i feel for him and hope he gets this sorted

Comment

Originally posted by I_AM_THE_STIG View Post
                            i agree with you but when the guy has spent £2k and we all know he should be getting more, pub talk or not, i feel for him and hope he gets this sorted
                            aggree with you mate if i had a 300bhp map then i would want to see 300bhp or thereabout

Comment

As soon as i get the forge valve in i'll report back.

Comment

Working...
                              X