This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really want the aux In port

Hi guys I've read threads about the aux in port by the handbrake but I can't find one that explains what I'd need and how to do it to put one in. Under the handbreak I have no connector to add it so it means wiring it in to the stero. I'm not the best with electrical diagrams but I can connect wires any ideas

Make not be able to retro fit.

The oem stero needs three extra pins/connectors marked as aux, you will need to remove the stero and have a look.
    Last edited by vr55vxr; 18 August 2010, 03:33 PM.

Comment

It can be retro fitted because we have it done at our dealership. We sub contract the work out to a audio electrian in our area and he normally charges about £200 which is parts and labour so i know it can be done mate.

Comment

£200 ha ha sooner buy another head unit

Comment

i do have the spaces for the pins. what would i need to ask for from vauxhall for the wiring at the back of the stero to the jack plug

Comment

do you have a cd30 mp3? does it have 9 presets? if so pull your stereo out and see if you have the aux in pins on the label ontop
            2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Vauxtillidie View Post
              do you have a cd30 mp3? does it have 9 presets? if so pull your stereo out and see if you have the aux in pins on the label ontop
              then whats needed on top of that?
              Quaife LSD . . Milltek/Powerflow Turbo back exhaust . . Custom Intercooler . . Percy 1.9 Cdti airbox . . Whiteline RARB . . Collins dump valve . . Courts enlarged top hat/power pipe . . Oil Breather Box . . cruise . . anti-hijack . . check control . . Blue SMD conversion . . wind deflectors . . opel numberplate surrounds . . pressed plates . .

Comment

3 wires running to the aux port which needs to be added behind the handbrake (requires some cutting to fit unless you mount it somewhere else) then some tech2 to enable it

mite be worth seeing if it will program first before getting involved in wiring
                2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Vauxtillidie View Post
                  3 wires running to the aux port which needs to be added behind the handbrake (requires some cutting to fit unless you mount it somewhere else) then some tech2 to enable it

mite be worth seeing if it will program first before getting involved in wiring
                  uft just sounds like too much hassle, does any1 know where to get the parts from and have part numbers? might try price it up and see if its worthwhile
                  Quaife LSD . . Milltek/Powerflow Turbo back exhaust . . Custom Intercooler . . Percy 1.9 Cdti airbox . . Whiteline RARB . . Collins dump valve . . Courts enlarged top hat/power pipe . . Oil Breather Box . . cruise . . anti-hijack . . check control . . Blue SMD conversion . . wind deflectors . . opel numberplate surrounds . . pressed plates . .

Comment

it is possible to get an inline RF modulator which normally comes with some preset channels. your Ipod input, for instance, can plug inline in the ariel input to your radio and then you play it through your speakers. have seen them from £25 to £80 depending on make and that.

they are petty simple to fit too. half hour at most and im not technically minded.

this one allows you to play, charge and display track names via rds

http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/iP...-RDS_Modulator

hth

Comment

Working...
                    X