X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forge Recirc Valve Help!!!

Hi guys

I'm running standard map with a scorpion exhaust (turbo back) and thinking of buying a forge recirc valve.

Just wondering which springI would need to fit? Am I right in thinking that the standard spring (green) would be sufficient or would I be better upgrading to the yellow spring?? If I upgraded to yellow would it still perform to it's best or would there be no point??

Sorry for the questions

Arden Blue Astra VXR '57' private plate, 19's, Keyless, AFL Xenons+leds, Sight&Light, Alpine W502 Double-din headunit, Percy's oil restrictor bolt, PPP , Opel grill, Scorpion 3" , Forge recirc valve, Eibach Sportlines, Whiteline adjustable rarb, Custom Intercooler, Colour-coded fog rings, White Carbon Fibre roof, grill & boot strip.

Green - fo sho mo fo!!
    Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
    Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

dont rule out regals one mate,ive got it fitted in mine,no springs to worry about,it uses a piston,ive seen both this and the forge and the regal one seems much better quality IMO
      Holds boost alot better,your welcome to have a go in mine to see what i mean if you want

Comment

They both use a spring - it's what holds the piston (which they both have) closed against the pressure of the boost. I personally think the inclusion of a second spring for higher boost applications with the forge makes it a better bet than the regal one, but that's what makes the market so good - choice!!

To be honest I've never seen the Regal one close up but I can't see it being £50 better for something that does exactly the same job.
        Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
        Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

Originally posted by Gnasher View Post
          They both use a spring - it's what holds the piston (which they both have) closed against the pressure of the boost. I personally think the inclusion of a second spring for higher boost applications with the forge makes it a better bet than the regal one, but that's what makes the market so good - choice!!

To be honest I've never seen the Regal one close up but I can't see it being £50 better for something that does exactly the same job.
          your right there is a spring,my bad forgot about it theres a thread on here somewhere that explains the inner workings of both more in depth will try and find it

Comment

I've ordered mine today. The guy from forge said because of the level of tune he will send out a yellow and blue spring.

Comment

I have the forged one and i've drove mine back on the stock map with yellow spring in and the car was fine it was not stalling the turbo or anything. but if you staying standard i would fit the green its not hard to change them round at a later date theo.
              sigpic
              3 gauge conversions, Pillar pods

Comment

you will need charls hands to fit the thing though must have cut mine all over fitting mine lol

Comment

I've the forge item fitted to mine too, excellent build quality.
                  | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Originally posted by VXR56 View Post
                    you will need charls hands to fit the thing though must have cut mine all over fitting mine lol
                    lol i was the same and with alot of #@%#
                    sigpic
                    3 gauge conversions, Pillar pods

Comment

If your planning on remaps etc then you might aswell put the yellow one in now.. saves you the time later on
                      sigpic

Comment

i got the yellow on mine and running on dreamscience remap
                        Arden Racing Edition

Comment

Guys, so, if I am running stage 2, I should use the yellow spring then? Cheers.
                          Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

Comment

Originally posted by SilverSchoolBus View Post
                            Guys, so, if I am running stage 2, I should use the yellow spring then? Cheers.
                            yes.
                            i didnt notice and difference when changing the valve

Comment

Cheers guys for all your help (as always) ordered a forge one this morning with the green and yellow springs. Just got to wait for it to arrive now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Arden Blue Astra VXR '57' private plate, 19's, Keyless, AFL Xenons+leds, Sight&Light, Alpine W502 Double-din headunit, Percy's oil restrictor bolt, PPP , Opel grill, Scorpion 3" , Forge recirc valve, Eibach Sportlines, Whiteline adjustable rarb, Custom Intercooler, Colour-coded fog rings, White Carbon Fibre roof, grill & boot strip.

Comment

Working...
                              X