Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

boost control solenoid???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • boost control solenoid???

    Thinkin of makin the uprated boost control solenoid my next purchase when i get paid in a couple of weeks. Haven't heard anything about them on here, so was just wonderin if anyone has got one fitted and whether its a worthwhile buy? Am thinkin it will be good with my remap as it will maintain boost for longer. Also, are they easy to fit? Cheers
    Last edited by w20adm; 18 August 2010, 11:50 PM.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

  • #2
    you have one fitted as standard

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by craigyvxr View Post
      you have one fitted as standard

      LOL!!!


      To the OP, do you mean an adjustable boost controller or did you mean what you wrote?

      Comment


      • #4
        Probably better investing in other things your standard exhaust won't be able to shovel heat away quick enough. If you hold boost better i.e. higher figures temps will increase.

        I think he means adjustable boost controller or actuator perhaps.
        | Find | Watch | Follow |

        Comment


        • #5
          i'm referring to the uprated one, from regal. anyone got one???
          W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
          http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

          Comment


          • #6
            The OP perhaps means the uprated one as sold by Regal on their website. It looks very similar (if not identical) to the N75 valve fitted to Audi/VW/Seat/Skoda etc.

            http://www.regal-shop.co.uk/vauxhall..._Upgrades.html

            Bottom of page.

            EDIT Beat me to it . I've got one, but not fitted it yet.

            Comment


            • #7
              Apologies dude, this won't up the level of boost you run and you probably won't notice a difference to be honest unless yours is failing. A worth while investment if your OEM does fail.
              | Find | Watch | Follow |

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by pookievxr View Post
                The OP perhaps means the uprated one as sold by Regal on their website. It looks very similar (if not identical) to the N75 valve fitted to Audi/VW/Seat/Skoda etc.

                http://www.regal-shop.co.uk/vauxhall..._Upgrades.html

                Bottom of page.

                EDIT Beat me to it . I've got one, but not fitted it yet.

                Ahhh yes, looks like a waste of money - the standard one works fine and i highly doubt that air leaks past the base as per their description. However on high stage cars i guess this could be possible.


                OP - a better bet would be to get the Forge/Regal actuator which will gie you a more noticable effect.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by worky View Post
                  Apologies dude, this won't up the level of boost you run and you probably won't notice a difference to be honest unless yours is failing. A worth while investment if your OEM does fail.
                  cheers buddy, appreciate some non p1ss takin advice lol
                  W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
                  http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by w20adm View Post
                    cheers buddy, appreciate some non p1ss takin advice lol
                    No worries dude, your logical next step is a turbo back exhaust. Plenty of second hand ones on here now.

                    Even a 2.5" system would do the trick and some can be had for as little as 400 quid.
                    | Find | Watch | Follow |

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by w20adm View Post
                      cheers buddy, appreciate some non p1ss takin advice lol
                      Haha you wont find much of that on here m8

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by worky View Post
                        Probably better investing in other things your standard exhaust won't be able to shovel heat away quick enough. If you hold boost better i.e. higher figures temps will increase.

                        I think he means adjustable boost controller or actuator perhaps.

                        Think he is refering to the 3bar version.

                        AFAIK, you cant just fit this as a replacement - you have to change your map etc
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Dab_vxr View Post
                          Haha you wont find much of that on here m8
                          tell me about it, one mistake you all pounce like vultures! i should be more careful.
                          W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
                          http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
                            Think he is refering to the 3bar version.

                            AFAIK, you cant just fit this as a replacement - you have to change your map etc
                            ahh, guess this puts an end to that then.
                            W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
                            http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Mark_VXR View Post
                              Ahhh yes, looks like a waste of money - the standard one works fine and i highly doubt that air leaks past the base as per their description. However on high stage cars i guess this could be possible.


                              OP - a better bet would be to get the Forge/Regal actuator which will gie you a more noticable effect.
                              where is the actuator on the site???
                              W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
                              http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X