This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T/C off= pops and bangs off

A few times recently i have driven with the traction contol off (hold sport button longer) to see what effects it would have regarding responsiveness.

What i found is that with sport button off (not pressed) there are considerably more pops and bangs from the exhaust when giving it some beans, however if pressed to T/C off there are less pops and bangs, is this normal ?
    sigpic

I find i get more with the sport button on lol

Comment

TC off would be the same as sport on (throttle wise) so is it the same just sport on with TC still activated?

Astra

Comment

My findings are if i have T/C off (light on dials) i get less pops than i do with just sport on or leaving it unpressed.

At first i thought it was me, so ive tried it several times to compare and get the same results
        sigpic

Comment

yes you will do
          how hard are you driving and getting a bit of wheel spin ??
          the truth is out there
          part GSI part VXR
          tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

Originally posted by dannyf View Post
            yes you will do
            how hard are you driving and getting a bit of wheel spin ??
            About the same throttle as i would use standard to achieve pops,so its wheel spin (not felt any) reduces pops ?
            sigpic

Comment

When u wheel spin or struggle for grip it would normally cause t/c to cut ignition meaning unburnt fuel would enter exhaust (I think)
              Stage 3 Arden Astra gone
              Stage 2 burg

....................Arden Astra .....................
              Airtec Fmic/tophat/direct route/miltek/weight reduction/RnD mapped

Comment

Originally posted by R34nel View Post
                When u wheel spin or struggle for grip it would normally cause t/c to cut ignition meaning unburnt fuel would enter exhaust (I think)
                That's what i'd put my money on too
                sigpic

EDS Inlet Manifold, Thermal Gasket, EDS Inlet Cam, EVOMS Diverter Valve, Forge FMIC, Quaife ATB, Custom 3" Turbo Back, Whiteline RARB, Uprated FARB, AP Racing Brakes, Percy CDTi Airbox Conversion, Oil Breather Box, Dap-r Springs, Bilstein B8's, CS Brake Cooling Ducts, Cool Running Thermo, CS Uprated Radiator

Comment

Originally posted by Nurburg608 View Post
                  That's what i'd put my money on too
                  But i get the reverse !

T/C off = less pops
                  sigpic

Comment

Yep, that's what was meant. With traction on you will get the ignition cut if the wheel slips, even slightly meaning all the fuel that would have been burnt goes into the exhaust giving you the pop. Without traction on, the wheels just spin meaning the engine is using the fuel itself, if that makes sense?
                    sigpic

EDS Inlet Manifold, Thermal Gasket, EDS Inlet Cam, EVOMS Diverter Valve, Forge FMIC, Quaife ATB, Custom 3" Turbo Back, Whiteline RARB, Uprated FARB, AP Racing Brakes, Percy CDTi Airbox Conversion, Oil Breather Box, Dap-r Springs, Bilstein B8's, CS Brake Cooling Ducts, Cool Running Thermo, CS Uprated Radiator

Comment

correct.
                      i get same too.

Comment

Originally posted by R34nel View Post
                        yes thats it
                        the truth is out there
                        part GSI part VXR
                        tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

I was giving mine some with the TC off which I don't do very often last night and I noticed this. I also noticed the car is an absolute animal with it off. Pulls much stronger with no crappy delays.

Comment

Originally posted by GraemeJ View Post
                            I was giving mine some with the TC off which I don't do very often last night and I noticed this. I also noticed the car is an absolute animal with it off. Pulls much stronger with no crappy delays.
                            lol

Comment

I agree with this too mate .... also the TC is far too sensitive, it just cuts in far too early TBH . Coming off roundabouts here in Aberdeen, especially the inverurie road, as its a 70MPH limit, in 2nd gear and giving it the beans as soon as 1 wheel slips slightly in cuts the TC and shuts down the fun Sometimes it feels like there a prob with the car not boosting right. but if you turn it off and do the same it just pulls hard with no probs and you feel no wheelspin at all.

Rant about Vauxhalls rubbish TC over !!!

James

sigpic
                              MY14 Corsa Burg, "REX" , Burg #452

Comment

Working...
                              X