Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boost drops out on full throttle. Any ideas !!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boost drops out on full throttle. Any ideas !!!

Hi guys just need to know. When I put full throttle on when accerlerating It sometimes drops off boot then back on. It's as If the traction control is kickin in. I have tryed turning my traction control off to and it still does it but not all the time but it does run fine when driving normal. Any ideas's

what map you running? age of car? miles??

Comment

standard map sounds pretty normal as get flat spots

Comment

I'm running the regal nerbergring map phase 1 but the car did do it on the standard map. Car is a 2007 and has done 22000miles

Comment

Is it as bad on that map as it was standard? As beefy said, the stock map does it. Mine didn't go away until i changed the induction.
          sigpic

EDS Inlet Manifold, Thermal Gasket, EDS Inlet Cam, EVOMS Diverter Valve, Forge FMIC, Quaife ATB, Custom 3" Turbo Back, Whiteline RARB, Uprated FARB, AP Racing Brakes, Percy CDTi Airbox Conversion, Oil Breather Box, Dap-r Springs, Bilstein B8's, CS Brake Cooling Ducts, Cool Running Thermo, CS Uprated Radiator

Comment

It's not that bad but its the same aa standard. Could it be the plugs or something like that

Comment

It's possible, but it could just be the map. Have you tried any of the other phase 1 maps to see if it does the same?
              sigpic

EDS Inlet Manifold, Thermal Gasket, EDS Inlet Cam, EVOMS Diverter Valve, Forge FMIC, Quaife ATB, Custom 3" Turbo Back, Whiteline RARB, Uprated FARB, AP Racing Brakes, Percy CDTi Airbox Conversion, Oil Breather Box, Dap-r Springs, Bilstein B8's, CS Brake Cooling Ducts, Cool Running Thermo, CS Uprated Radiator

Comment

This is my secound phase 1 map I've tryed. I hav got a k&n filter too. I'll try some other though

Comment

cone filter?? if you not got a good enough cold air feed and heat shield you could be heating heat soak which wont help.

you have low miles so i very much doubt it would be you actuator going weak.

the warm air atm will make the car feel bit more sluggish too.

Comment

Originally posted by beefycol View Post
                    cone filter?? if you not got a good enough cold air feed and heat shield you could be heating heat soak which wont help.

you have low miles so i very much doubt it would be you actuator going weak.

the warm air atm will make the car feel bit more sluggish too.
                    my dads coupe did this turned out to be afm

Comment

if it really drops off like said could also be the sparks.
                      not got aftermarket ones have you?
                      stick to standard plugs. might be worth changing them now you done 22,000 miles. espeally with a map on.
                      i had some aftermarket ones gap wasnt right so on boost played up sometimes regapped them and ran great but changed them after 15k. didnt want tips dropping off

if you have got a cone filter worth looking at that too
                      Last edited by beefycol; 19 August 2010, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vxr Jase View Post
                        my dads coupe did this turned out to be afm
                        tms, said to me too a i contacted them about me bein para. they said dont trust boost gauge dont give accurate reading. as it still goes fast they like dont worry.
                        if it bad get it checked out and it could be potentail AFM or weak actuator

Comment

Originally posted by beefycol View Post
                          tms, said to me too a i contacted them about me bein para. they said dont trust boost gauge dont give accurate reading. as it still goes fast they like dont worry.
                          if it bad get it checked out and it could be potentail AFM or weak actuator
                          mmm boost gauge not acurate lol they real lol.....

tech 2 picks it up easy enough hey col

Comment

yeah i know lol.
                            yeah it should do mate. worth if you think that bad seeing if you could find out what boost its running at see if it drops off or anything.

but deffo sort cone filter (if that what you got) and plugs id look at.

Comment

Ok I'm not running a cone filter got a k&n panel filter. I'll try and get some new plugs then. Would u say iridium ones r ok and also do u think it's worth tech 2 to c if anything flags up

Comment

Working...
                              X