X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wot else apart from induction kit

hey

after speaking to a couple of you guys on saturdays meet down southend you didnt have induction kits, you had a different box where the airbox normally goes, what is the best method?

i like the noise the induction kit make but ive been told they muck up your air intake sensor.

could yiou please advise

where you at southend then lol dont think we met did we ?

I think the lads fit the 1.9 cdti airboxes just a guess though
    sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

i was the noisy blue astra vxr on the end about 4 cars away from you lol

Comment

lmao yep remember just didnt recognise the screen name lol
        sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

most have cdti boxes my self included as open induction kits suffer from heat soak in a big way makin u lose perfomance compared to a closed system.

james

Comment

Yep most have gone the CDTi box route.
            I havent as i personally like the look of the crossover pipe but i did have a simota cold feed set up on but changed back to standard purely through the fact that the simota box was smaller and there was alot of open engine space revealed and i didnt like it.
            sigpic

Black Astra VXR, 19" Diamond Cut alloys, 3" Turbo back Scorpion exhaust

Comment

As others have said I'd go with standard box and good filter or go for Cdti box with filter, I wouldn't go with induction you will loose power and feel sluggish.

Comment

There are 2 sides to this that not everyone mentions though...

Yes, you will get heat soak but only when going slow or in traffic. I used to feel it a lot on my old Mk 4 SRi turbo. However once moving there was plenty of airflow in the engine bay to remove the hot air and it drove just like it did with a closed induction system.

It sounded great and once going seemed to make it go a lot better though!!

One thing I did notice was that it used a massive amount of petrol after fitting it.
                Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
                Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

The open (cone) induction are also soaked in oil, they do tend to cover the afm in oil and mess things up a bit, personally I don't think you can beat an enclosed induction, forced induction
                  sigpic

Comment

If you are going open cone, I would steer clear of the standard 'kits' people sell. From tests done previously, the A'Pexi (SP?) is the one to go for - no oiling and the best filtration of all of them (along with the best flow)

LINK

You would of course need to do a bit of work to get it to fit though.
                    Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
                    Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

god i posted about that test ages ago. as if you remember. yeah. KnN filter in cdti box way forward. if like the noise drill few holes on wing side in the box below the filter

Comment

thanks for all the replys this is making me mind up for me lol

Comment

about filter tests mate

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/

Comment

i have a diablas flowmaster hit in mine installed by the good people at Regal. this was prior to the CDTI box becoming popular...... now thinking about swapping for the diesel conversion.

Comment

Working...
                            X