This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which spark pugs for 330 bhp plus

as above as i am going to be running a gt2876 soon and will be bout 330 bhp cheers tom

Percy runs std plugs on his Garret - they can cope

Astra

Comment

standard plugs, will just have to replace them more often
      my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Originally posted by slimey_eyes View Post
        as above as i am going to be running a gt2876 soon and will be bout 330 bhp cheers tom

whats poing of having a 2876 an only running it at 330? wouldnt you be better running with a 2871?

Comment

becoz for now only runing 330 then when i have done interinal etc i can be 400 easy plus got for a gd price

Comment

so just got for standard plugs cheers any one know the part numbers?

Comment

Just my recommendation, *dont shoot lol* personally if I was going to be running much higher power of invest in the NGK7438-8 race spec plugs mate,
              sigpic

Comment

was thinking of the ik20 densons irdiums

Comment

was thinking of the ik20 densons irdiums
                  i ran them at st2, weren't very good for st3 now i use iq24
                  Last edited by smokinvxr; 19 August 2010, 07:58 PM.

Comment

so just got for standard plugs cheers any one know the part numbers?
                    PM mattbibs - he'll give you a posted price

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by sandyVXR View Post
                      whats poing of having a 2876 an only running it at 330? wouldnt you be better running with a 2871?
                      Cause percy knows what hes doing lol. He runs very very low boost

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbid View Post
                        Cause percy knows what hes doing lol. He runs very very low boost
                        He wasn't questioning Percy

Astra

Comment

where do u get the NGK7438-8 race spec plugs from and how much?

the ik20 no gd then?

Comment

stock VXR plugs used to be NGK PFR6T-10G,but they are now NGK PFR6T-G.gm part number is 55562534 if you want some.

the 6 temp range is about right,cooler running plugs are actually for hotter running engines (higher charge temps).with the bigger,more efficient turbos,they put much less heat into the charge,so if you run a cooler running plug aswell,it wont get hot enough to burn off any excess fuel/clean the tip,and you risk fouling them.

how come you went for the 2876 and not the 3071?,even garret themselves are a bit iffy about them?.

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...R_705330_1.htm
                            ...superior horsepower through knowledge,good design and maximum efficiency
                            version 1.0 a low boost 347bhp
                            version 2.0 a stock boost 356bhp.
                            coming next......280bhp of finest signum V6 derv power!.

Comment

Originally posted by PERCY'S vxr View Post
                              stock VXR plugs used to be NGK PFR6T-10G,but they are now NGK PFR6T-G.gm part number is 55562534 if you want some.

the 6 temp range is about right,cooler running plugs are actually for hotter running engines (higher charge temps).with the bigger,more efficient turbos,they put much less heat into the charge,so if you run a cooler running plug aswell,it wont get hot enough to burn off any excess fuel/clean the tip,and you risk fouling them.

how come you went for the 2876 and not the 3071?,even garret themselves are a bit iffy about them?.

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...R_705330_1.htm
                              i asked same question as the 71 would be well able to do the job..

his reply.

becoz for now only runing 330 then when i have done interinal etc i can be 400 easy plus got for a gd price

Comment

Working...
                              X