This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when the..

when revving my old mans mk4 z20let coupe, i rev it and then when release the foot of the pedel the turbo goes whooooooo every time..

is this a sign for anything?? i.e turbo on its way out etc

Knackered recirc valve?

Comment

Originally posted by S18DMW View Post
      Knackered recirc valve?
      when i put my ear to it, its coming from the turbo for sure

Comment

no codes for re-circ valve nor a turkey noise vacum is correct on boost gauge also

Comment

anybody else??

Comment

I've heard a few of these turbos make that noice mine does it, I think it's to do with the recirc valve I wouldn't worry about it!
            Astra coupe: z20leh with m32, eds 3.5, remus, dbilas induction and inlet, berg trim, corsa vxr steering wheel and a whole lot more!
            www.asautocare.co.uk eds retailer.

Comment

Originally posted by tgazvxr View Post
              I've heard a few of these turbos make that noice mine does it, I think it's to do with the recirc valve I wouldn't worry about it!
              sound mate cheers

Comment

It's the spring in the recirc valve mate, took the spring out on of my turbo on my old car to make it make the flutter noise lol

Fully loaded flame red VXR! 19's,AFLs,IDS,rear sensors,bluetooth, cruise control,climate control,full leather,heated seats, sat nav,cooled glove box,de-badged,eibach sportlines,REMUS,insignia jets,oil restrictor,K&N filter,red fogs & boot strip,carbon window strips & door pillars, black front badge & rear diffuser,RARB,LSD,CS stage 2

Comment

If the recirc valve is knackered the noise will come from the turbo
                  | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

cheers guys, will that make any diff to the power etc..

Comment

If the valve is too weak then the car cannot potentially hold the boost it should.

Comment

more turbo lag too.

look see if vac pipe come off if not take it out see if its split.

Comment

If it's weakened I don't think you'd feel the difference, if it's split it will be down on power. I speak from experience. Mine ended up with nearly 30bhp and 100lb/ft extra with the new recirc valve fitted!

Comment

not necessary down on power just more lag and sounds stupito.

Comment

When weakened though the symptoms can be as bad as the valve vents under boost

Comment

Working...
                              X