X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lacquer Peeling

Hey all,

Just noticed on the panel in front of the passenger door (near where the repeater is) there is about a 1/2" x 3" strip where the lacquer is peeling off. How could I go about getting this fixed?

Cheers!

How old is the car mate ?
    Would like to do more,

Milltek cat back, Whiteline RARB, Cruise Control, Light & Sight Pack, Parrot Blue Tooth Hands free Phone Connection & both rear fog lights working

Comment

It's an 08 plate. Will Vx warranty cover it?

Comment

mines doing this as well at front bumper how do you actual repair it its a 07 plate mine

Comment

not sure how long the paint warrenty is but take it back to where you got it from
          2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

also the affected panels will require painting to rectify it and possibly blends on adjacent panels
            2006 Astra VXR, Flame Red, 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70 + Aux in, Premium Speakers, CID, Bluetooth, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Sight & Light, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All retrofitted by me 14.17 @ 100 MPH PVS 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Vauxtillidie View Post
              not sure how long the paint warrenty is but take it back to where you got it from
              Would like to do more,

Milltek cat back, Whiteline RARB, Cruise Control, Light & Sight Pack, Parrot Blue Tooth Hands free Phone Connection & both rear fog lights working

Comment

Originally posted by Vauxtillidie View Post
                also the affected panels will require painting to rectify it and possibly blends on adjacent panels
                They'll probably just say tough **** now that I've owned the car for a week.

Wish I'd noticed it sooner

Take it that it would cost a LOT to fix myself through a garage?

Comment

mite be worth getting some quotes from garages then see if the place you bought it form would pay or at least contribute to it

Comment

Agreed with the others. Check the cost then speak to the garage you had it from. Oh and if I remember correctly paint is only covered for a year.

Comment

My front bumper is doing the same, took it to VX, paint only covered for a year quoted me 170 + vat to repaint the whole front bumper and grill.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanners View Post
                        Agreed with the others. Check the cost then speak to the garage you had it from. Oh and if I remember correctly paint is only covered for a year.
                        Subject to a book stamp, i believe ?
                        sigpic

Comment

Book stamp? What does that mean? Maybe a dull question :S lol

Comment

Originally posted by WELSHY View Post
                            Book stamp? What does that mean? Maybe a dull question :S lol
                            I think your paintwork has to be inspected (at extra cost) at service intervals and the book stamped to confirm this.
                            sigpic

Comment

Warranty on paint is a year... So, no service or inspection needed? It's the anti perforation that requires the inspection I think. Mines been in for lacquer peeling twice now, both times done under warranty. I'm not sure whether anti perforation warranty would cover it? Might be worth a try or go and see if the place you got it from would pay a contribution to it like it's been said

Comment

Working...
                              X