X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much oil and coolant needed?

Morning all

ive tried a search but cant find the answer in the first 7 pages so quicker to ask...

Exactly how much oil and coolant is required when servicing these areas?

Thanks

Chris

Fully loaded flame red VXR! 19's,AFLs,IDS,rear sensors,bluetooth, cruise control,climate control,full leather,heated seats, sat nav,cooled glove box,de-badged,eibach sportlines,REMUS,insignia jets,oil restrictor,K&N filter,red fogs & boot strip,carbon window strips & door pillars, black front badge & rear diffuser,RARB,LSD,CS stage 2

oil 5 liltres

coolant never really replaced on tiny bit when doing cool thermostat. just topped up with liltre coolant and rest with water. if you over fill it will go throught over flow pipe

Comment

im getting water pump done so the system will empty....

Just need to know how much to order so i can refill the whole system and not be left short!

Thanks for the reply mate

Fully loaded flame red VXR! 19's,AFLs,IDS,rear sensors,bluetooth, cruise control,climate control,full leather,heated seats, sat nav,cooled glove box,de-badged,eibach sportlines,REMUS,insignia jets,oil restrictor,K&N filter,red fogs & boot strip,carbon window strips & door pillars, black front badge & rear diffuser,RARB,LSD,CS stage 2

Comment

you need a coolent tester to be honest. dont think many people no exact amount the coolent system can take im unsure. you can buy coolent from anywhere. cheap.

rough quide 30% coolant and 70% water -18 deg.
        50% coolant and 50% water -34 deg. me id try go about 40% / 60%

like said unsure how many liltres system takes. sorry

Comment

hynes manual?

Comment

If I just order 2 litres it should be fine

Comment

put the two lil in. then top up with water.

Comment

cheers buddy i think i will do just that.

Comment

Recently done mine, its about 3.5 - 4Litres. Plus if your getting concentrate you should mix with water before putting it in really rather than letting the car mix it for you. :-)

Comment

coolant system is about 7.7 litres from a dry fill.i.ve drained mine a few times and get about 6-7 litres out.the coolant does actually go off over time,so it is worth changing every couple of years for some fresh stuff.

factory mix is 44% glycol,but i do find the better mix is 30% with a bottle of water wetter in.

oil is about 5.25 litres with a filter change.if you can,ask for a VOF93 filter over the white mahle item as they only go on about 2 threads before going tight.the VOF93's are a much better fit.
                    ...superior horsepower through knowledge,good design and maximum efficiency
                    version 1.0 a low boost 347bhp
                    version 2.0 a stock boost 356bhp.
                    coming next......280bhp of finest signum V6 derv power!.

Comment

Working...
                    X