This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astra VXR car cover/ bumper bra

Im new so hope this is the correct place to post this, if not sorry.

im wondering were i can get a car cover for my astra vxr, i work offshore with work so will be leaving my car in the airport carpark for 2 weeks at a time so want a cover to protect it from the elements whilst its just sat there

also wondering about a front bumper bra. My current car has many stone chips from motorway driving and also the many miles a do on country roads so want one of these to protect it,

any help greatly appreciated guys,

cheers
    RG

For ccar covers just nip to halfords or the likes of them as you wont want anything too expensive as with the car being left in a carppark it will probably get nicked.

As for bonnet bra's they look horrid mate and havent seen any fr the VXR anyway. The only option is venture tappe/shield which is a clear film that goes over the paintwork to protect it. Works great

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
      For ccar covers just nip to halfords or the likes of them as you wont want anything too expensive as with the car being left in a carppark it will probably get nicked.

As for bonnet bra's they look horrid mate and havent seen any fr the VXR anyway. The only option is venture tappe/shield which is a clear film that goes over the paintwork to protect it. Works great
      cheers i know the bras look aweful and i hate them personally but would rather have nice paintwork and it would only be on whilst travelling.

Comment

do you know how much the venture shield would cost roughly ??

Comment

Originally posted by RG_ArcticAstra View Post
          do you know how much the venture shield would cost roughly ??
          When i had it, no longer do, it cost £300 to have the bottom third of the bonnet done, front half of the wings, v-grill, front bumper and wing mirrors. Not cheap but it deffinately did its job. I took it off because they made a mess of appling and ended up getting a full refund.

You can have the entire bonnet, bumper, wings etc taken off and wrapped so you cant see any seams but its costs alot and would take alot of time. You'd also have to make sure that the paintwork is at its best as once on thats it.

Comment

DONT DO THE BRAAAAAAA!!!! please please lol there horrible.... i agree with gettin the clear wrap, where abouts are you based?

i got a car cover from my brother, he had it specially made to fit the VXR, came with straps to strap under the car for security too, brilliant cover, survives all weather conditions....... i shall find out where he got it from later for you.

Comment

Use 3m blue masking tape on the front of your car, show car style haha

Comment

Originally posted by jase1989 View Post
                DONT DO THE BRAAAAAAA!!!! please please lol there horrible.... i agree with gettin the clear wrap, where abouts are you based?

i got a car cover from my brother, he had it specially made to fit the VXR, came with straps to strap under the car for security too, brilliant cover, survives all weather conditions....... i shall find out where he got it from later for you.
                the bra is not going to be a permanent feature its just for long journeys and would be taken off asap,
                im based east yorkshire in hull,
                the info on the cover would be great thanks

Comment

http://www.cover-zone.com/prices_records.php

Thats the website where i got my cover...... really good fit with straps..... perfect for covering the car outdoors. especially going into winter.

Comment

http://www.cover-zone.com/prices_records.php

Thats the website where i got my cover...... really good fit with straps..... perfect for covering the car outdoors. especially going into winter.
                    which type did you go for??

Comment

which type did you go for??
                      hello mate i went for the heavy outdoor storm force one...... works a treat

Comment

It's ironic we dont like the look of bad paint work so we go and make the car even worse to avoid it looking bad.. lol

I'd just live with the chips then the awful look of the bonnet bra lol

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

hello mate i went for the heavy outdoor storm force one...... works a treat
                          cheers

Comment

Im new so hope this is the correct place to post this, if not sorry.

im wondering were i can get a car cover for my astra vxr, i work offshore with work so will be leaving my car in the airport carpark for 2 weeks at a time so want a cover to protect it from the elements whilst its just sat there

also wondering about a front bumper bra. My current car has many stone chips from motorway driving and also the many miles a do on country roads so want one of these to protect it,

any help greatly appreciated guys,

cheers
                            RG
                            try www.autobra.co.uk
                            Last edited by slim-shany; 9 September 2010, 08:36 PM. Reason: add info

Comment

Working...
                            X