X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereos that work with BC

Hey all,

Other than the Zenecs, which double din stereos work with the BC etc?

Liking the look of the AVIC F920BT etc, but I don't know if it would mean I would lose BC functionality etc.

Cheers!

Vxmmi
    Insignia SRi VX-Line RED
    ^^Click here to see it^^

Comment

You'll only get the BC functionality with the OEM replacement headunits such as the VXMMI as Mossie has already mentioned and the only other one AFAIK is the Zenec NC5010.

EDIT I see you already mentioned the Zenec.

Comment

So by removing the OEM HU, I would lose the BC functionality altogether?, or just the ability to control it via the HU? Would the steering controls be able to control it?

Comment

By BC I take it you are talking about the Board computer. In which case you can control it by using the steering wheel controls regardless on the make of headunit. What you do loose with non oem tyupe units is the ability to set the date and time but you can get around this by buying the connects2 canbus adapter CTSVX002 and the headunit make sepecific lead (CTALIPNELEAD, CTPIONEERLEAD) etc.

Oh and with Alpine (and only Alpine on the non oem type units) you can buy the combined display and steering wheel control adapter that will not only allow you to also set the time but will also retain the radio display portion for you. NB: only on alpine units wih display out.

Oh and something to bear in mind on the OEm style units, the Zenec displays full radio/ipod/DVD info on the oem screen so things like the track names and artists etc, whereas the VXMMI only shows the more basc type info so info like CD1 track 1 etc. Both will allow you to use the BC from the radio to set the date and time but you can only use the steering wheel controls to set the trip computer, stopwatch etc.

Comment

Cool thanks, BasilD. I''m leaning strongly towards the Zenec, the only thing that puts me off (and this is me being VERY picky) is that handsfree (voice control and pickup/hangup) buttons won't work anymore.

Well I'd better start saving, hopefully the piano black will be out shortly (any ETA? - sorry had to ask! )

Comment

Originally posted by Amraam View Post
              Cool thanks, BasilD. I''m leaning strongly towards the Zenec, the only thing that puts me off (and this is me being VERY picky) is that handsfree (voice control and pickup/hangup) buttons won't work anymore.

Well I'd better start saving, hopefully the piano black will be out shortly (any ETA? - sorry had to ask! )
              Unfortunatley that is the same with all the aftermarket and OEM style headunits.

No ETa at present although I know that they have started supplying there ACR stores in mainland europe so once they have done this it is the UK turn. So hopefully sooner rather then later.

Comment

Working...
              X