This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rattling Noise after new engine??

So after having a new engine (main block) fitted a week or so ago i have a rattling noise coming from the engine bay somewhere. I can only here it after the car has been running for a while and is then idleing. Hopefully its just a broken clip or something. Any ideas what it might be?

Its hard to explain the noise, sounds similar to in this thread although this does sound a little worse. http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...d.php?t=103827
    sigpic
    Arden Astra VXR/19" Dotz Alloys/Debadged

Sorry dude going to be so hard to pinpoint.

Get it up on a car lift and have a competant mechanic take a look
    | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Originally posted by worky View Post
      Sorry dude going to be so hard to pinpoint.

Get it up on a car lift and have a competant mechanic take a look
      Yeah i guessed it would be but a worth a shot. I was just wandering if there was any clips that often break or parts that commonly come loose or whatever???

I have only had it back a week Rather try sort it myself before i have to face taking it too a garage.

Cheers
      sigpic

Comment

All you can do is take a poke about and see what you can find thats loose or rattling.
        | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Originally posted by worky View Post
          All you can do is take a poke about and see what you can find thats loose or rattling.
          Yeah will do when i get a chance. I just hope it is something thats rattling not something internal like last time.
          At work at the moment so was just posting in hope that somebody would reply and say "i have had that before its likely to be this" etc
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X